Author Topic: avast! 7 public beta  (Read 305323 times)

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
Re: New bugs to report
« Reply #330 on: February 13, 2012, 05:53:59 PM »
I have several new bugs to report.

1. Right clicking in the add URL window for exclusions to Web Shield or Script Shield does not produce a context menu. URLs can be added manually but not by copy and paste.
definitely works - see attachment

2. There is a problem with adding a program to the exclusion list for Behavior Shield. A program can be added OK but once I leave the settings and then re-enter the settings, the program that was added no longer appears.
again works - what is your avast edition?

Quality is also a feature.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #331 on: February 13, 2012, 06:24:35 PM »

3. Some web pages do not display properly with Web Rep plug-in activated in IE9. With the Web Rep disabled, the pages display properly.

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP-1 fully patched. IE9.

Hello,
can you give me some examples of that pages? Is it 32bit IE9 ?

Thanks,
Ivan.
Hi Ivan, iv not had any issues with pages displaying wrongly but i did notice that webrep seriously slows down browsing, i'd actually thought it was just the usual slowness of the avast forum but when i tried it with webrep disabled everything was fast again.
I played around a bit with closing the browser, uninstalling webrep and rebooting then browsing again and all good but as soon as webrep is reinstalled and activated it's back to very sluggish performance again followed by myself disabling it again and browser is back to normal fast speed again.

I hope this can be improved on in future build's  :(

Hermite15

Re: avast! 7 public beta
« Reply #332 on: February 13, 2012, 06:43:12 PM »
okay two things:

1 the only way to get my web shield and mail shield working fine again was to do an install from scratch (it worked)

2 following the install I rebooted and left the computer for about 15 minutes, when I came back and attempted to login ... when that wasn't possible, something (?) timed out and the system was stuck on the windows spinning animation. Forced a shut down, booted and everything's still fine.

kinfolk66

« Reply #333 on: February 13, 2012, 07:05:38 PM »
Ivan,

Here is the worst example:

https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/list#page=1&region=UNITED_STATES

The list displays with empty lines between the items.

Yes, IE9 32 bit

Thanks, kinfolk66

AdrianH

« Reply #334 on: February 13, 2012, 07:07:34 PM »
okay two things:

1 the only way to get my web shield and mail shield working fine again was to do an install from scratch (it worked)

As per my last post here >> http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=93200.0

kinfolk66

« Reply #335 on: February 13, 2012, 07:10:06 PM »
I have several new bugs to report.

1. Right clicking in the add URL window for exclusions to Web Shield or Script Shield does not produce a context menu. URLs can be added manually but not by copy and paste.
definitely works - see attachment

2. There is a problem with adding a program to the exclusion list for Behavior Shield. A program can be added OK but once I leave the settings and then re-enter the settings, the program that was added no longer appears.
again works - what is your avast edition?

Avast Internet Security Suite 7.0.1396

AdrianH

« Reply #336 on: February 13, 2012, 07:15:19 PM »
Ivan,

Here is the worst example:

https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/list#page=1&region=UNITED_STATES

The list displays with empty lines between the items.

Yes, IE9 32 bit

Thanks, kinfolk66

Looking at that site in IE9 and Opera (AIS7 Beta Win7x64) I see nothing odd , checked on another machine not running avast and see nothing different at all. Perhaps some screenshots of your issue would help?

iroc9555

« Reply #337 on: February 13, 2012, 07:56:10 PM »
I have in the Spanish section of the forum a member saying that " it is really hard to see Avast! 7 for the visually impaired ". What can he do to make it easier ?

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=93026.msg742638#msg742638

Thanks.

_chivasusa_

« Reply #338 on: February 13, 2012, 08:00:01 PM »
How long does it usually  take for avast to analyse a program in the auto sandbox in the cloud?

Hermite15

« Reply #339 on: February 13, 2012, 08:01:34 PM »
the script shield doesn't seem to scan anything now.

spywar

« Reply #340 on: February 13, 2012, 08:16:06 PM »
How long does it usually  take for avast to analyse a program in the auto sandbox in the cloud?
Hi, I don't think that a sandboxed file is scan throught the cloud. It's scan for malicious behavior and heuristic analysis.

Nesivos

« Reply #341 on: February 13, 2012, 08:31:43 PM »
I would think that 1 or 2 RCS would be in order  before the final version is available.
Regards

My guess is that that won't be a final version of 7 until around the time that W8 RTM is finalized which should be this coming summer.  Just a guess but I got I was pretty close on the 7 Beta when I said it would probably become available around the time that W8 Consumer Preview aka Beta became available which will be in about 2 - 3 weeks

Hermite15

« Reply #342 on: February 13, 2012, 08:38:40 PM »
first full scan run following a new install took 1h35 ... cool 8) ... it usually takes 40 minutes here in the same conditions.

Nesivos

« Reply #343 on: February 13, 2012, 08:42:33 PM »
Question:

It the intention to make avast! 7 fully compatible with UEFI computers?   

I only ask because of the boot scan.  My thinking is that boot scans will need to programmed to handle UEFI computers which replace the BIOS and have different Windows kernal load procedure, sequence etc than BIOS computers do.

Does anyone know?

Thanks

Ronin_2

« Reply #344 on: February 13, 2012, 10:04:04 PM »
Strange behavior I have experienced on my system.  I have not seen this reported previously, so excuse me if I missed it.  This happens whether I install it on top of version six, or do a clean install.  When I go to the virus chest and try to re size the columns to expand the information, the program crashes.  No big deal for me since it is a beta.  I thought I would mention it.  Currently a fresh clean install on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.