Author Topic: like button advertisement?  (Read 1711 times)

zzcool

like button advertisement?
« on: February 08, 2012, 05:27:55 PM »
so i was browsing the beta part of this forum and saw someone who wanted the like button gone i thought why shouldn't you be able to del it what is the point of it

then i continue reading and see that the FREE version should have it but the payed version shouldn't

how is this considered advertisement? you either want to like and recommend it or not if you press no it goes away why should the free version have it forced as i don't see how it is considred advertisement as if you don't want to press it from the very beginning it means it's useless

like i said you either want to press it or not

it is like something showing one single same ad an ad that you are not interested in what point is it in showing the ad a billion times more if your not interested in it it won't change your mind seeing it a billion times more right?

so i really don't get how that button is considered advertisement i see it as a fun thing where you WANT to recommend it not a forced thing so i was very suprised when avast i guess employees referd to it as an advertisement where the free version should have it and the payed shouldn't

i pressed it because i wanted to press it not because i was forced

same with the market i am not interested in any of the market items so that market button is wasted space to me

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: like button advertisement?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 08:02:36 PM »
Just like me, you don't like those elements.

You can go to Settings -> Community tab on the left and uncheck both options under "Community features". This will hide "Like" button and the "avast! Market".
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

zzcool

Re: like button advertisement?
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 08:23:53 PM »
wow thankyou now my avast is clean again