Author Topic: How to change SIM Cards  (Read 6524 times)

TheChinaSailor

How to change SIM Cards
« on: February 09, 2012, 10:19:24 PM »
I travel frequently so I am constantly changing SIM cards.  Now I understand that once they are inserted they are put on the white list but this raises two questions.

• When I insert a new SIM Card will it immediately give me an option to type my passcode or will it just locK?
  • When I am finished with a SIM can it be removed from the whitelist if I am not going to use it again?

Thanks!

svehlak

Re: How to change SIM Cards
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 02:09:33 PM »
Antitheft will ask for code and could lock the device for first time of changing the SIM; after that it will make a list of approved SIMs and will not bother you again. You can check the SIM list from "menu" button inside AT UI. If you are changing the SIMs a lot, why not buy double-SIM device - AMS has no problem with it.

TheChinaSailor

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 10:51:52 PM »
Thanks Jan,

Actually I do have a dual SIM phone, (Lenovo A60) but whilst I have a base SIM that never changes, the second SIM changes depending on what Country I am in and if I need a 3G connection (one SIM slot is 3G the other is EDGE).

I am wondering though, on a Dual SIM phone does it recognize a SIM change in either slot?

Cheers!

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 11:52:25 PM »
I fixed my user name problem.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 12:31:44 AM by andresyandres »

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 12:31:57 AM »
Hi, I ll have the same problem soon and I haven t a double SIM phone. Im traveling soon and I ll use another sim card too. The question is; as long as you dont have the Anti-Theft activate nothing will happen, am I right? Can we say that we solve this problem by turning Anti-Theft off each time that you ll change the sim card?

Thank u!!!!!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 12:40:23 AM »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

rog22

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 04:07:20 AM »
Hi Jan,
         I looked at the Menu you suggested "You can check the SIM list from "menu" button inside AT UI" but the options I found were, Send Test SMS,Simulate Lock,Simulate Theft Event & Clear SIM List
I can't find the option to "check the SIM?

Thanks,
           Rog22

reinhardholzner

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 10:11:56 AM »
hi,

there is only "clear SIM list" which will wipe the trusted SIM store. to trust additional SIMs, put the SIM into the phone and launch Anti-Theft UI you'll get a message that the SIM was added to the trusted list if it was not added yet.

regards
Reinhard