Author Topic: Internet Connection Problems? or messed setting?  (Read 2308 times)

Moparz

Internet Connection Problems? or messed setting?
« on: December 01, 2004, 03:45:55 AM »
I have Avast! 4.1.523 (i think) and it updated a little while ago.  After that, I was unable to connect to the internet.  At first I thought it was a connection problem, but my isp said every thing with the cable modem was showing up ok and sudjested a system restore (XP Pro SP2).  I did and the internet was working again and almost imedeately Avast said the program was just updated and needed to be restarted.  So I restarted, and when it did, the internet once again didn't work.  So I restored back again... I did this a few time   :-[ until I finally set the updates to manual updates instead of auto.  Now I just decided to update the iAVS and it's asking for a restart again.  So I'm assuming that once I do, my internet won't work again.  So I'm holding off on the restart for a while.

What setting am I missing to keep the internet working while keeping the program/virus database up to date? :-\

Thanks for any help,
Moparz
« Last Edit: December 01, 2004, 03:47:00 AM by Moparz »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Internet Connection Problems? or messed setting?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 06:46:20 PM »
The last program update (official release, not a beta) is 4.5.546 and fixes many of the earlier problems. Just invoke program update: right click the avast icon > Updating > Program Update.
The best things in life are free.