Author Topic: Anti theft LOCK BUG  (Read 2916 times)

redrobbie

Anti theft LOCK BUG
« on: February 12, 2012, 08:33:13 AM »
Hi, I have noticed a bug when I test the SMS LOCK command on my phone.

The phone is locked out and siren switched on as usual once the phone receives the sms command.

However after a short period the widget locker (custom lockscreen) app which I have installed activates and deactivates the anti theft message and lockout  :-\. Once I unlock the lockscreen as usual (swipe fingerprint) I can access my phone.

I understand that a thief would be unable to access phone due needing my fingerprint but I would still like the ant-theft lock and siren to be continually on. I have not tried switching the fingerprint sensor off and any other security feature to see if widget locker can bypass the antitheft feature.

Any thoughts on this?

ANDROID CM7 ICS MOD CUSTOM ROM
MOTOROLA ATRIX

reinhardholzner

Re: Anti theft LOCK BUG
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 10:12:42 AM »
hi, it seems that your custom app is causing that troubles. we can not support all different kinds of locker apps, unfortunately.

redrobbie

Re: Anti theft LOCK BUG
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 11:19:16 PM »
No problem I understand. On the plus point the antitheft siren and lockout restarts if you pull the phone battery and restart phone. Together with the fingerprint and lockout I guess any thief would still be unable to access the phone.