Author Topic: Am I blind or just missing something?  (Read 3646 times)

lookbehind

Am I blind or just missing something?
« on: December 02, 2004, 10:09:08 AM »
Other AV programs advise the making of an emergency start up disk, or similar, in case one cannot use an infected computer in the usual way.

Avast4.5 , as far as I have been able to see does not mention this. If the matter is somewhere please point me to it. If not I'd be interested tp learn why it is not nneded. Thanls very much. BTW the scanner has picked up 2 suspect emails already and seems to work seemlessly.

galooma

Re:Am I blind or just missing something?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2004, 10:22:32 AM »
Hi and welcome LB if you read up on your help files on VRDB(the left ball) ,you will find it is the built in emegency recovery method for Avast! ;D ;D

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2004, 12:15:48 PM »
Alwil has got something much better. The BART cd !

You can also create a bootable cd with Avast for DOS on it. If you add the NTFS4DOS util from sysinternals, you can also scan NTFS partitions. And Avast for DOS is freeware!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 12:17:53 PM by Eddy »

lookbehind

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2004, 06:01:35 PM »
Thanks. You say BART is freeware. I've just been to the avast site and there it seems to be pay or sahreware. can you givr me the complete link, please? is sysinternals part of the BART d/load or somewhere in the AV program as can't find.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2004, 06:37:40 PM »
Thanks. You say BART is freeware. I've just been to the avast site and there it seems to be pay or sahreware. can you givr me the complete link, please?

It's a shareware, 60 days trial (if I'm not wrong)

is sysinternals part of the BART d/load or somewhere in the AV program as can't find.

No. See www.sysinternals.com
Anyway, if you have Windows XP, why don't you schedule a boot time scanning and forget all of this?  ;D
The best things in life are free.