Author Topic: IS6 missing features after re install.  (Read 2854 times)

scottinaz

IS6 missing features after re install.
« on: February 19, 2012, 03:16:48 PM »
RE: avast! stopped working and "Fix Now" did not work:

I had a problem on my desktop yesterday , Avast stopped working and "FIX NOW" and "Start program" didn't work.  Repair and update from add/remove programs would not work either, it said something was "un reachable"   so I uninstalled and reinstalled,  Now I have another problem  , I am a current paid user of IS6,  after i reinstalled the program , I then inserted the lic file,  it says "Internet security" across the top but is missing the extra protection, "Sandbox" and "Safezone" at least,  manual update says its current,  any Ideas ?    Thanks :)

ady4um

Re: IS6 missing features after re install.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 03:58:06 PM »
Download the latest stable version of AIS TRIAL from the official website.

Install it, reboot, add you license file.

scottinaz

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 04:18:20 PM »
Download the latest stable version of AIS TRIAL from the official website.

Install it, reboot, add you license file.

so i should uninstall first ?

ady4um

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 04:30:09 PM »
Try first without uninstalling. Just download the correct installer, AIS TRIAL latest stable version (as oppose to downloading the limited Free edition). Then run it over your current installation.

Once the installer finishes, accept any system changes if necessary (Windows Defender, or equivalent tool, if present, might ask you to allow the changes for example; but don't worry if it doesn't). Once the HDD led stops blinking "like crazy", click to allow reboot (the installer requests for you to reboot).

Please report back.

scottinaz

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 04:41:12 PM »
Try first without uninstalling. Just download the correct installer, AIS TRIAL latest stable version (as oppose to downloading the limited Free edition). Then run it over your current installation.

Once the installer finishes, accept any system changes if necessary (Windows Defender, or equivalent tool, if present, might ask you to allow the changes for example; but don't worry if it doesn't). Once the HDD led stops blinking "like crazy", click to allow reboot (the installer requests for you to reboot).

Please report back.

Thank you for the replies,  I fixed the problem,  I went into add/remove and clicked Avast/Change  There all those extra features (including firewall) were unchecked, I rechecked those boxes and the program updated and if perfect now,  Thanks again ;)