Author Topic: ARGGGGGG! hELP!  (Read 3941 times)

cynsational

ARGGGGGG! hELP!
« on: December 02, 2004, 04:44:34 PM »
First mine wouldn't update cause the license key was out of date. so ok, I go to the website to try to update. Finally found the place to re-register! Fine but can't put the new register key in the program. Ugh! so ok, I try to download the new version. Well of course not everyone can get DSL so it takes nearly 2 hours. I get half way done and the download just flat dissapears. Happened twice! I even tried watching it to see what was going on and of course, I turned my back for a minute and the stupid thing is gone again! It supposidly saves the program but when I open the program it has some kind of download error and will not work. I really liked the program but will just flat delete it if I can't update it! I'm not ignorant, I know some programming.  Hey, don't put a program out there that real people can't use, guys!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:ARGGGGGG! hELP!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2004, 04:51:52 PM »
I take it you are using the home version.
First mine wouldn't update cause the license key was out of date
Update license expires after 14 months (not the progam itself!). When this period is (almost) over, you need to obtain a new key.

Fine but can't put the new register key in the program.
There is no problem with putting the new key in Avast. Make sure there is no trailing space when you copy/paste from the email. And make sure your system time/date is correct.

I get half way done and the download just flat dissapears.
Looks like a problem with your connection/system. Download is working fine for everybody else.

Hey, don't put a program out there that real people can't use, guys!
Alwil didn't do this. They created a good av util, which is very easy to use. Even for newbies.

cynsational

Nevermind
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2004, 05:15:34 PM »
 ;) Thanks for the help! My bad! Was a bit confusing, though! Got it now!
Thanks again

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:ARGGGGGG! hELP!
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2004, 06:24:28 PM »
Cynsational, this is not the way you write here. Please, before posting realise this is not a common forum. Please, learn and enjoy avast first blaming...

First mine wouldn't update cause the license key was out of date.

Check your date/time system either.

so ok, I go to the website to try to update. Finally found the place to re-register!

Not that difficult!  :(
http://www.avast.com/i_kat_207.php?lang=ENG

Fine but can't put the new register key in the program.

Why not? Did you use copy & paste method?

Ugh! so ok, I try to download the new version. Well of course not everyone can get DSL so it takes nearly 2 hours. I get half way done and the download just flat dissapears. Happened twice!

Use a download manager. If you have a dial-up, you must have a download manager. See 'Links' on my signature for some suggestions.

the stupid thing is gone again! It supposidly saves the program but when I open the program it has some kind of download error and will not work.

Download manager again...
It's not a stupid thing!

Hey, don't put a program out there that real people can't use, guys!

More than 2 million people are using it... in fact, the problem is not avast...
The best things in life are free.