Author Topic: Malware like system fix...does Avast hold the key?  (Read 2370 times)

mermaidsreality

Malware like system fix...does Avast hold the key?
« on: February 19, 2012, 04:25:07 PM »
Hi Polonius
Thank you for your fine advice on how to stay calm and observing when malware hits our computers.

I am a happy subscriber to Avast! and have stayed out of malware for the last few years. Recently, my work computer started to act strangely, with pop-up windows and messages, threats that the harddisk was being deleted, etc...in short, malware "System Fix" in action. Ran a full system scan with Avast. Did not resolve the problem. Managed to download "Trojan Killer", and it ran for 5 minutes. Then, System Fix blocked it. Right now it is not possible to get to the data on my work computer (which is mine, as I am an independent business person). Is there a way to activate a feature in Avast to get past System Fix's blockings of my data and programs?

Oh, not writing from the infected computer here...have tiny net-computer for basic stuff like mails etc.

Look forward to hearing your views, and hope Avast has some features I may use to get back to work, so to speak...

Kind regards,
Hanne
Modify message
Report to moderator   2.108.2.57

Offline !Donovan

• Web Analyst
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
    • The WAR Against Malware
Re: Malware like system fix...does Avast hold the key?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 04:36:29 PM »
Hi mermaidsrelity,

Can you operate on the infected machine?

If so, attempt these instructions: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

Then attach logs in your next post.
Familiarize Yourself! | Educate Yourself! | Beautify Yourself! | Scan Yourself!
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."

Offline Left123

• There Is No Patch For Human Stupidity.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Proud Community Member&Helper.
Re: Malware like system fix...does Avast hold the key?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 04:42:08 PM »
Hello there,go on and activate the program,this will let you work in windows,hopefully.Essexboy will remove any left-overs.
Serial key : 1203978628012489708290478989147  try this and let me know if it worked.
AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual-Core Processor 4200+ - 2.20 GHz,3,00 GB RAM -
Browser:Mozilla Firefox +WOT - SoftWare:CCleaner - Windows 7 32 bit
No Anti-Virus