Author Topic: About "[avast! heuristic - WARNING]"  (Read 7274 times)

Iso-G

About "[avast! heuristic - WARNING]"
« on: December 03, 2004, 05:44:34 AM »
Could you please let me know what cause avast! to inserts the [avast! heuristic - WARNING] into the mail subject ?
I have known that avast! inserts the note into the subject when sending number of mails.
Does it also depend on the setting of the "customize" page of "heuristics" ?  And any other factors ?

Thank you very much for your help   ;D

Iso-G

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re:About "[avast! heuristic - WARNING]"
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 09:42:32 AM »
All the settings for e-mail heuristics should be on those 2 pages of the provider settings: "Heuristics" (with "Heuristics - Customize" being a part of it) and "Heuristics - Advanced".
In the right part of the first page (Heuristics), there's a description of the current settings.

Iso-G

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 02:36:00 PM »
Thank you very much.

Can we know which factor in the current settings description causes avast! to insert the note into the e-mail subject ?

Iso-G

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2004, 04:54:48 PM »
I think the subject is always changed when the e-mail is detected as "suspicious". In the program options, you can configure when the e-mail is considered suspicious - but when it already is, the warning is always inserted into the subject.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2004, 10:18:31 PM »
I think the subject is always changed when the e-mail is detected as "suspicious". In the program options, you can configure when the e-mail is considered suspicious - but when it already is, the warning is always inserted into the subject.

OK, Igor, but will it be so much work to code this integration: different changes into the subject field of the email concerning to different causes of being considered suspicious by the Heuristic module?  ::)
The best things in life are free.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2004, 09:39:49 AM »
Well, maybe not, but I think it's not a good idea. The subject is rather a short field (if it's too long, you probably won't see the real subject at the end) - so I think it's not a good place to put any explanation there.