Author Topic: ashServ.exe - application error  (Read 9031 times)

Notar

Re:ashServ.exe - application error
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2004, 10:57:16 AM »
 I use an external 56k modem.  I am also a standalone workgroup computer. I am not part of a domain network.

Also, I've been doing some careful observation of when this error message occurs, and I believe it only occurs with the startup of the Simple User Interface window.

Notar

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2004, 07:31:46 AM »
 I did a repair of installation which also updated to 4.5.549.

Problem appears to be resolved.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2004, 07:32:44 AM by Notar »

peterfu

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2004, 07:49:33 AM »
hmmm, I have occasionally exact the same error message.
Avast : 4.5.549
Internetconnection is WLAN

Theres nothing in the log, no unpxxx files, was happening also with earlier 4.5.x releases, started with the first official 4.5 release.

The error message comes from windows, not from avast. In my case the error message is in german - my OS language -  but my avast installation is in english.

After the first time it has occured I have checked my memory and my harddisk. I can't see any scheme in the error message - every time I want to analyze it I don't get it.

Have not checked the minidumps till now - the next time I have it I'll go and check if I have a minidump and send it to Vlk.

I know thats not very helpful for analyzing it  ???

br
Peter

Offline chameleon

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2004, 02:43:56 PM »
same problem here. it only happens occasionally at shutdown, not all the time.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2004, 03:02:28 PM »
I had similar problem with very similar error message at shutdown, but not with avast!... it was smc.exe - Sygate firewall. That was present for long time, and after Sygate program update to 5.6 problem was solved. I was so happy... True, just like Chameleon said, it only happened occasionally at shutdown, not all the time...  ???

Regarding avast! - guys make sure that you are using latest avast! program build which at this point, is 4.5.549

Try uninstalling avast! completely and then reinstalling it nice and easy... Browsing some Sygate forums, I found that siomilar problem with Sygate firewall was resolved just by simple uninstalling the firewall, and reinstalling it... it didn't help on my machine, though, even I tried 5 or 6 times to do that, but I'm happy to say that problem suddenly disappeared when I installed new Sygate 5.6 version...

Cheers !
« Last Edit: December 11, 2004, 03:03:57 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Notar

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2004, 12:49:36 AM »
I did a repair of installation which also updated to 4.5.549.

Problem appears to be resolved.

The problem "glitch" has reoccurred.....just have to live with it...... :(

Detroit

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2004, 02:07:33 PM »
I've had the exact error message that you've seen at shut-down. Should we just live with the nuisance?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2004, 02:14:07 PM »
Normally you only get this error on shutdown if Avast is still busy scanning something. Check was it running before shutting down. Shutdown the running things one at a time, shutdown and see if closing one of them solves it.