Author Topic: Serious problem with avast update  (Read 11599 times)

selen

Re: Serious problem with avast update
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 08:25:55 PM »
I have updated the program vesion manually, when avast has advised me

Exactly my point. Clean all your previous installations and start clean. Read again my post above and follow the instructions (and don't forget that aswclear7 should be executed under Windows Safe Mode).

I have followed all of yours advice and I've cleand as you suggested...nothing has canged. When my computers start the window appears. Other members of this forum have the same problem

ady4um

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 08:36:56 PM »
Well, my suggestions were based on what Vlk recommended about avast 7 RC -> final and AIS and non-English versions.

The problem might be related to the new "account" / registration. Since this is very new and just released an hour ago, maybe you should wait for some Avast Team member to post some answer (here or in the other topic already opened with this same problem, or in the main announcement topic). Keep following the forum, and I'm sure eventually the answer will appear, if not today, tomorrow. They won't leave so many users with no answer. Be patient.

selen

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 08:39:25 PM »
Well, my suggestions were based on what Vlk recommended about avast 7 RC -> final and AIS and non-English versions.

The problem might be related to the new "account" / registration. Since this is very new and just released an hour ago, maybe you should wait for some Avast Team member to post some answer (here or in the other topic already opened with this same problem, or in the main announcement topic). Keep following the forum, and I'm sure eventually the answer will appear, if not today, tomorrow. They won't leave so many users with no answer. Be patient.

Ok, I'll wait for a solution

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 01:54:58 AM »
selen, version 7 gets gold. Does the problem continues?
The best things in life are free.

Croozer

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 02:30:31 AM »
Could you please attach a screen shot of this "have to complete your protection" thingy?

Having the same problem.. just trying to help out with the screen shot. Sorry if I am causing problems.

DarthArgyle

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 06:19:47 AM »
Yep, 7.0.1407 is final release of avast! 7.

I have updated my avst to version 7, but now each time i turn on my computer appears an avast's window wich says that I have to complete my protection...but I have nothing to complete! I click on FINISH but nothing changes! This windows appears each time I turn on or reboot my pc. Please help me

Have you rebooted since the update as that is required ?

I got updated to version 7.0.1407 six hours ago.  I never rebooted but all the shields are up and running.

How can we be 100% sure that the program IS in fact protecting us?

Gargamel360

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2012, 06:30:14 AM »
.....check the UI?   Or the system tray icon?  Either one is pretty good at telling you if something is amiss.

Apart from that, I guess you could throw an Eicar file at it.

Croozer

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2012, 06:32:05 AM »
Not sure how reliable it is, but I sometimes use the EICAR test virus. (False positive) Not sure what the rules are here on this forum or I would post the link. Google it.

true indian

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2012, 06:37:38 AM »
Hi why not use aswclear and do a clean install of avast! 7

http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2012, 01:31:09 PM »
<snip previous quotes>
I got updated to version 7.0.1407 six hours ago.  I never rebooted but all the shields are up and running.

You have to reboot as part of the program update/installation process, that is a requirement so that drivers and or files in use can be updated.

In the same way that the previous version was protecting you, by monitoring the various shields and ensure that they are at least scanning the various applications/file activity/traffic that they were previously. And as mentioned the eicar test site.

So first and foremost after the update you need to reboot, that pop-up should have been displayed.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Andrey,pro

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Things happen
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2012, 01:40:30 PM »
Could you please attach a screen shot of this "have to complete your protection" thingy?

Having the same problem.. just trying to help out with the screen shot. Sorry if I am causing problems.

I've got the same problem with avast!7! When I turn on my computer I see this message!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2012, 01:58:56 PM »
See http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=93915.msg747943#msg747943

selen

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2012, 03:20:40 PM »
See http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=93915.msg747943#msg747943

Thanks a lot!! Now the problem is solved :D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2012, 09:53:05 PM »
Thanks a lot!! Now the problem is solved :D
You're welcome.