Author Topic: Avast 7 Final Released  (Read 303675 times)

Hermite15

Re: Avast 7 Final Released
« Reply #165 on: February 24, 2012, 10:40:15 AM »
Just noticed that the cloud services are not connected at time. Also noticed that the final version stopped showing if its connected or not. Perhaps to hide the fact that its not always connected?  :o

how do you know it's not then? you mean when it's not connected there's no message at all?

simon101

« Reply #166 on: February 24, 2012, 10:44:57 AM »

I have been using Avast for a number of years and have just updated to version 7.  Apologies if I have missed this somewhere but I have done a search without finding anything. 

I am wondering from a privacy point of view what information is transmitted to Avast.  For webrep I assume every URL in a search engine result is transmitted for checking.  However I am uncertain about the cloud services.  Are details of every file accessed transmitted to the cloud for the reputation services?  Is any other information transmitted to Avast by any of the other modules, whether user identifiable or not?

Thanks

Simon

Offline Chris Thomas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Christian Geek - aka 'born again' Geek
« Reply #167 on: February 24, 2012, 11:08:45 AM »
Just noticed that the cloud services are not connected at time. Also noticed that the final version stopped showing if its connected or not. Perhaps to hide the fact that its not always connected?  :o

how do you know it's not then? you mean when it's not connected there's no message at all?

When its not connected, it never shows anything. Thats what I meant.

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #168 on: February 24, 2012, 11:13:21 AM »

@Chris did you checked you're firewall settings to allow inbound and outbound traffic for Avast, if not fixed delete all inbound and outbound traffic for Avast and start again ;)
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline irongod

« Reply #169 on: February 24, 2012, 11:19:11 AM »
 :) Updated from IS 6.0.1367 and everything went fine... now testing if everything works! with VPN as well!
You take the tarot cards and throw them to the wind!

bollity

« Reply #170 on: February 24, 2012, 11:33:03 AM »
Anything run in the autosandbox will close automatically after few seconds, why ?

Hermite15

« Reply #171 on: February 24, 2012, 11:42:12 AM »
Anything run in the autosandbox will close automatically after few seconds, why ?

a few examples? thanks.

saeed2rele

« Reply #172 on: February 24, 2012, 12:05:40 PM »
There is a bug here:
when I run a program that has a system tray icon (like vlc or Y! messenger) in sandbox the tray icon not shown.
Please fix it

avast pro 7.0.1407 on windows 7 ulti sp1 32bit
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 12:09:22 PM by saeed2rele »

dinostaRR

« Reply #173 on: February 24, 2012, 12:13:22 PM »
Hey guys, congrats for ver 7.

but I have an issue with WebRep in chrome. The icon shows a gray x. Is that normal?

Hermite15

« Reply #174 on: February 24, 2012, 12:27:43 PM »
Hey guys, congrats for ver 7.

but I have an issue with WebRep in chrome. The icon shows a gray x. Is that normal?

I don't use web rep but I just checked and that's right, it doesn't work in Chrome, just showing a cross.

edit: works in Firefox and IE
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 12:31:20 PM by logos »

saeed2rele

« Reply #175 on: February 24, 2012, 12:31:14 PM »
another bug?
I removed check of run this browser in sandbox for firefox but its continue running in sandbox.
restart and repair doesn't fixed the problem.
firefox in sandbox has many issue with extensions especially downthemall.
maybe it was too soon for release final version.
thank you

edit: firefox added in sandbox list apps. I don't know how its added to that list :) but removing from it resolved the problem.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 12:36:58 PM by saeed2rele »

crofty59

« Reply #176 on: February 24, 2012, 12:52:39 PM »
i updated over avast interface and work fine,but i have problem everytime i restart pc i got message click here to finish,why,please answer thanks! :)

I get the same problem, updated from version 6.0.1367  through GUI i am using the proffesional version, on this computer. I have rebooted several times.
Xp PRO 1 gb ram

I did a clean install with the free version on the other computer and do not get the above problem.
XP home Edition 512 mg Ram

Cheers

Offline Dynaheir

« Reply #177 on: February 24, 2012, 12:58:18 PM »
Mind me, if this already been answered here, but I noticed only people asking. I have updated Avast from version 6 to version 7 but from that time it asks me to finish the upgrade anytime I reboot. What can I do with it? This seem also prevent all other two tray icons from being loaded before avast's is.

true indian

« Reply #178 on: February 24, 2012, 01:07:52 PM »
Mind me, if this already been answered here, but I noticed only people asking. I have updated Avast from version 6 to version 7 but from that time it asks me to finish the upgrade anytime I reboot. What can I do with it? This seem also prevent all other two tray icons from being loaded before avast's is.

Uninstall avast! using the instructions given here:
http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

Then make a clean install of version 7

Offline Dynaheir

« Reply #179 on: February 24, 2012, 01:10:34 PM »

Uninstall avast! using the instructions given here:
http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

Then make a clean install of version 7

Question 2 : Run Windows in safe mode? What does it mean? I am pc beginner and I don't want to destroy anything :(