Author Topic: Avast 7 Final Released  (Read 303425 times)

Ax

Re: Avast 7 Final Released
« Reply #540 on: March 05, 2012, 10:59:07 AM »
I welcome. After version 7.0.1407 installation, at me have begun problems with USB carriers. The antivirus very long scans them that sometimes leads to strong braking of system. On version 6 such wasn't. Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium.

gtr34

« Reply #541 on: March 05, 2012, 11:32:47 AM »
Version 6 one time cause windows vista to be not geniue this problem is solved with version 7 ??tnx

dzegas

« Reply #542 on: March 05, 2012, 02:37:33 PM »
Sadly, but avast is gone from my computer.I was disappointed avast 7.0.Temporarily using  Microsoft Security Essentials

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #543 on: March 05, 2012, 02:47:04 PM »
Sadly, but avast is gone from my computer.I was disappointed avast 7.0.Temporarily using  Microsoft Security Essentials
Did you happen to try the 7.0.1414 version? excellent release and no issues here  ;)

rogo

« Reply #544 on: March 05, 2012, 04:04:03 PM »

I have to second his comment on Version 7. I have a license for Avast Pro. When I updated to 7 issues started to develop which I was not happy with, also rec'd the BSD. Avast should have been more careful than rushing the new version out and tested it more thoroughly. I removed it from my computer also, and using F-prot now, much, much better.

gdiloren

« Reply #545 on: March 05, 2012, 04:47:44 PM »
As I repeatedly said, Avast is loosing many fans over it's bad moves. Using an AV shouldn't be more bad than having a virus by itself and with Avast you often loose more time trying to correct your AV than trying to repair a would be infection!!! :'(

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #546 on: March 05, 2012, 05:03:39 PM »
As I repeatedly said, Avast is loosing many fans over it's bad moves. Using an AV shouldn't be more bad than having a virus by itself and with Avast you often loose more time trying to correct your AV than trying to repair a would be infection!!! :'(
The same question applies to you and rogo , have you tried 7.0.1414? nothing wrong with this build imo but then again i had no real big issues with any of the earlyer 7 builds either other than the update process locking which a simple provided fix cured.

gdiloren

« Reply #547 on: March 05, 2012, 05:44:20 PM »
Is 7.0.1414 available from the Avast web site yet? Happy to see we got here a version that works finally stable and fine. I'll wait a bit until I am sure this is that so. Anyway, give a direct link please... Thxs! ;)

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #548 on: March 05, 2012, 06:17:36 PM »
Is 7.0.1414 available from the Avast web site yet? Happy to see we got here a version that works finally stable and fine. I'll wait a bit until I am sure this is that so. Anyway, give a direct link please... Thxs! ;)
You wont find this release at avast yet, it's only available here via the beta thread and being an evangelist you should already know how to use the seach function but here is a link anyway http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=94790.0

mattburley7

« Reply #549 on: March 06, 2012, 02:52:57 AM »
well things have gotten quiet with avast 7 no new beta build since the 2nd. either its ready to be released to everyone or there will be a new build "soon" ?

Tetsuo

« Reply #550 on: March 06, 2012, 10:46:20 AM »
well things have gotten quiet with avast 7 no new beta build since the 2nd. either its ready to be released to everyone or there will be a new build "soon" ?

Hope for a new beta or RC. Things need to be tested thoroughly before a public release - just to be sure no major issue is still present.

aReLlaNo

« Reply #551 on: March 06, 2012, 08:31:42 PM »
Well I make a memory error that I can use the software (presumably updated) and I can not close that window, always grows back! I had to uninstall! I refresh the version 6 to 7 but I have that problem!

marcochecco

« Reply #552 on: March 14, 2012, 02:28:49 AM »
I am a programmer vb6 all programs are suspect  ""FileRep?""
my customers ?

Mjr

« Reply #553 on: April 04, 2012, 06:56:43 PM »
Wonderful.... 7.0.1426 seems to have completely broken OUTLOOK 2007 & 2010 on loads of machines.
The worst part is that nobody from Avast seems to be addressing this issue.

Nice going guys. Way to tank a great program for a whole lot of people. It's like Microsoft releasing Windows Vista after XP. Absolute garbage following up Greatness.

Can we please have a roll back script?
Can we please have some acknowledgement from Avast staff?
Can we at the very least have a single OUTLOOK thread stuck to the top with all the posts merged? I bet it becomes the longest thread here.
It's time consuming to search several pages deep to find how many people are having this problem with no solution and no acknowledgement.

I'm not happy that I paid for this. I would rather throw the money away on the lottery.

AdrianH

« Reply #554 on: April 04, 2012, 07:08:32 PM »
No issues with avast7 and Outlook here.

Absolute garbage following up Greatness.

Not the case ............. working fine for my systems and all the 50+ machines avast has been added to in the last several weeks.