Author Topic: Avast 7 Final Released  (Read 301336 times)

hake

Re: Avast 7 Final Released
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2012, 08:50:03 PM »
Google Chrome is not under the protection of Script Shield as it was with Avast! 6.0.1367.  Google Chrome on Windows XP installs in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Google.  Avast seems unable to see this.

The Behaviour Shield permissions dialog box (Behaviour Shield Question) does not show the full pathname of an object with a long pathname so the user cannot be sure what he/she is permitting to run.

Avast 7 has given me the equivalent of a faster processor.  The system is much more responsive.

I hope that Avast can successfully address the issues I have raised above.  Avast 7 looks very good and I look forward to the Google Chrome Script Shield issue being fixed.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 12:37:51 AM by hake »

Hermite15

« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2012, 08:50:43 PM »
guys there's a Spanish section on the forums ;D http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=25.0

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2012, 08:54:32 PM »
Clean installed and working well thankyou "avast" other than cannot register via the UI, it just hangs.
Ui was still hanging on the register so cancelled that and did the offline registration, just recieved my license email and inserted, all good  :)

Offline jl747

« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2012, 09:02:40 PM »
BTW, As I reported in the last Beta RC, I have never been able to use myavast account since I receive a msge. to confirm my registration via e-mail that they have sent to me, but eventhough I clic to resend, I never receive it.

What should I do?

rm

I have the same problem.

I posted this in another Beta forum.
Just waiting for an answer.

See http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=93693.0
Windows 10 Pro - Avast 18.4.2338 - Vivaldi 1.15.1147.xx
Zone Alarm Free Firewall

Offline Dwarden

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Ideas, that's ocean without borders!
    • Bohemia Interactive
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2012, 09:03:16 PM »
my avast failed to update from 1401 to 1403 (got stuck on autoupdate)

now it refuses update any VPS db and refuses to update to 1407 via autoupdate and manual update via installer

"Error reading product data from C:\Program Files\Avast Software\Avast\Setup"
Setup cannot continue

then Self extract error 0 has occurred , last performed operation was spawning ...

guess i'm cursed
https://twitter.com/FoltynD , Tech. Community, Online Services & Distribution manager of Bohemia Interactive

cadremis

« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2012, 09:07:18 PM »
I'm in computer # 2 and eventhough everything went fine after first re-start it aked me to end the installation of version 7, but  I have re-started my computer 4 times and still continues to ask to end the installation of version 7.

Besides I just made a complete scan twice and it is taking more than 30 minutes to complete, and I remember it took about 12 minutes to complete before in version 6 and I have not changed any settings.

I will import my Avast 7 settings and will do a fress install, perhaps these things go away installing it from scratch.

rm
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 09:09:24 PM by cadremis »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2012, 09:08:44 PM »
my avast failed to update from 1401 to 1403 (got stuck on autoupdate)

now it refuses update any VPS db and refuses to update to 1407 via autoupdate and manual update via installer

"Error reading product data from C:\Program Files\Avast Software\Avast\Setup"
Setup cannot continue

then Self extract error 0 has occurred , last performed operation was spawning ...

guess i'm cursed
You need to do a clean install, there is also a new uninstall tool https://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=1062#idt_02

ady4um

« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2012, 09:09:18 PM »
@Dwarden,

Use aswclear (now supports avast7.). Run it for both, avast 7 and 6 and then install clean.

zzcool

« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2012, 09:12:38 PM »
works perfectly however i did for some reason connect my account 3 times and it made a device 3 which i renamed does that mean it keeps a count? can i go back to "device1"?

it also seems it is really slowing down my internet speed i was downloading auslogics boostspeed usually have 1mb to 2 mb per second now i had 50 kb per second?

MaxReed

« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2012, 09:13:42 PM »
Nobody known how I can fix my problem???
I updated avast to 7.0.1407 on my netbook and my laptop but I can't connect my avast copies to my avast account.

I tried to reboot and repair avast installation but nothing change....What should I do?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2012, 09:14:09 PM »
Clean installed and working well thankyou "avast" other than cannot register via the UI, it just hangs.
Ui was still hanging on the register so cancelled that and did the offline registration, just recieved my license email and inserted, all good  :)

I have done that as a back-up, but haven't received the email yet, I guess that registration method is taking a hammering also.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2012, 09:17:28 PM »

I have done that as a back-up, but haven't received the email yet, I guess that registration method is taking a hammering also.
It'll come, mine took about 20-30 min's.

saeed2rele

« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2012, 09:22:22 PM »
I use y! messenger but IM shield scan is 0 why?

BODUL

« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2012, 09:27:15 PM »
Hi,

CONGRATULATION

Updated Desktop (2.machine, W7x32) through UI AIS6 -> AIS7.

Everything went EXCELLENT and also all other functions are working.

See you...

Silent Assassin

« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2012, 09:29:18 PM »
I updated from v6 using the built-in updater and everything went smoothly. All is good and well ;)
Big thank you!