Author Topic: Avast 7 Final Released  (Read 303417 times)

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
Re: Avast 7 Final Released
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2012, 10:29:35 PM »
Hello and congrats to ver. 7!

I like the UI but have one MAJOR issue:

It seems that with this new version, Avast 7 is confirming emails to active and/or register the free version.

Unfortunately, because of this we can no longer install and promote Avast to our customers.

We are a large PC repair company and deal with end users whom have very limited PC experience.  For more than 5 years, ALL pc`s which came in were installed with Avast Free.  (Easily over 500 per year).  Our techs cannot take the time to enter, wait for, then confirm emails to simply install an anti-virus program.

Prior to ver. 7, Avast would accept any email address and register instantly.

It`s a sad day for us, but we will now have to go to AVG...

Any chance of going back to non-confirmed email registration?

Thanks for the years of protection Avast!

You don't have to confirm this email if you don't plan to log in to the avast account. The registration process finishes in the same way like in v6 without confirming the avast account email.

OTOH, you could use the avast account to monitor the status of the computers that are "managed / installed" by you.  You can connect multiple computers to the same account. And you'll see their status online.
Quality is also a feature.

Offline acasunshine

« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2012, 10:34:39 PM »

hello and good day everybody, i just would like to know if is possible update from avast free 6.0.1367 to avast 7 without any problem. thanks a lot and bravo avast team for this program.
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, AMD Athlon IIx2 220 Dual-Core Prossesor, 3.0GB RAM, HD 640 GB, NVIDIA GeForce6159SE nForce430, CCleaner v5.06.5219(64-bit), Windows Firewall, Avast Free AV 2015 SP1(10.0.2208), Malwarebytes Anti-Malware v2.1.6.1022

cilverjolt

« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2012, 10:35:24 PM »
I re installed it and its saying that the mail shield is turned off and i cant turn it on. im going to uninstall it and maybe install it when its more stable.

drhayden1

« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2012, 10:36:54 PM »
Installed the Avast Internet Security and running like a dream!
Thanks Avast for always a great program I have used since almost day one of Avast!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 10:38:58 PM by drhayden1 »

mattburley7

« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2012, 10:37:46 PM »
thanks for the best version of avast so far!  :) great job team! the only issue i had was registering.. most likely because of the servers so i did a offline registration and all is good!

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2012, 10:41:09 PM »
I updated and it says mail shield is turned off. I did a clean install. Have also rebooted.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #96 on: February 23, 2012, 10:43:12 PM »
Updated my free version from 6 to 7, after seeing this thread, via the tooltray-icon menu with no problems.

One new thing -- the tooltray icon is now rotating continuously (if a little jerkily) even when I'm not doing anything.  Would that be the new streaming-update feature doing its "thing"?
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Offline DJBone

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2012, 10:47:47 PM »
Updated my free version from 6 to 7, after seeing this thread, via the tooltray-icon menu with no problems.

One new thing -- the tooltray icon is now rotating continuously (if a little jerkily) even when I'm not doing anything.  Would that be the new streaming-update feature doing its "thing"?
Take a look if it scans the same file (in File-Shield) again and again.

DJBone
Win10 x64, APS (always latest version)
Avast Mobile Security (always latest version)

Offline Dwarden

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Ideas, that's ocean without borders!
    • Bohemia Interactive
« Reply #98 on: February 23, 2012, 10:55:04 PM »
because i don't need to be always nice, lets be bit harsh :)

what i don't get why Avast can't have installer which needs only

1. know where Avast files are installed
2. know there are already existing config / setting files

then all it needs to do is

3. contact some servers to obtain latest build servers mirrors (some central forwarder on mirrors.avast.com)
4. download the files
5. overwrite everything with LAST build
6. utilize existing config / settings file, backup them, recreate new importing existing values
7. start freshly updated version
8. profit

from my point of view : 3 years passed, Avast has still same POS updater ... (using registry for builds lol^lol*lol)

note: resolved the cause by myself (headbanging over table, cursing coding and such to lost track on what all i tried to force the updater work as it should)
https://twitter.com/FoltynD , Tech. Community, Online Services & Distribution manager of Bohemia Interactive

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #99 on: February 23, 2012, 10:56:28 PM »
Yes -- it's repeatedly scanning FirewallGUI.exe (I use the PC Tools Firewall-plus, free version).
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Offline DJBone

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2012, 11:00:01 PM »
Yes -- it's repeatedly scanning FirewallGUI.exe (I use the PC Tools Firewall-plus, free version).
Same to me. File-Shield scans the UI of my WLAN-driver on my WinXP Laptop again and again.

DJBone
Win10 x64, APS (always latest version)
Avast Mobile Security (always latest version)

Ekwador

« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2012, 11:01:39 PM »
I need help with this problem:
http://www.fotoszok.pl/upload/69b0211a.png

Hermite15

« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2012, 11:02:49 PM »
on a side note guys, I wouldn't mind the p2p shield to stop scanning "history.sav" from FDM ;D ... I already mentioned that during the testing, FDM does include a p2p component but first, I never use it, and second, what's the point to scan FDM history ???

Hermite15

« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2012, 11:04:30 PM »
I need help with this problem:
http://www.fotoszok.pl/upload/69b0211a.png

uninstall Avast in safe mode with this http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility
... then reboot in Windows normally, delete Avast folder in program data and do a clean install of V7.

Pock

« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2012, 11:06:23 PM »
Hello and congrats to ver. 7!

I like the UI but have one MAJOR issue:

It seems that with this new version, Avast 7 is confirming emails to active and/or register the free version.

Unfortunately, because of this we can no longer install and promote Avast to our customers.

We are a large PC repair company and deal with end users whom have very limited PC experience.  For more than 5 years, ALL pc`s which came in were installed with Avast Free.  (Easily over 500 per year).  Our techs cannot take the time to enter, wait for, then confirm emails to simply install an anti-virus program.

Prior to ver. 7, Avast would accept any email address and register instantly.

It`s a sad day for us, but we will now have to go to AVG...

Any chance of going back to non-confirmed email registration?

Thanks for the years of protection Avast!

You don't have to confirm this email if you don't plan to log in to the avast account. The registration process finishes in the same way like in v6 without confirming the avast account email.

OTOH, you could use the avast account to monitor the status of the computers that are "managed / installed" by you.  You can connect multiple computers to the same account. And you'll see their status online.

Thanks lukas.hasik.

I will wait for the registration servers to calm down before I`ll try a fresh install again.

I hope the registration process will stay the same as ver 6.

We have been HUGE fans of Avast and really want to continue installing it on all of our customer`s systems.

Thanks again.