Author Topic: Avast 7 Final Released  (Read 303613 times)

Offline Cahya Legawa

• Oh, here we are again.
    • Website
Re: Avast 7 Final Released
« Reply #135 on: February 24, 2012, 04:05:49 AM »
I've installed the new avast! 7 (7.0.1.407) with localized version (bahasa Indonesia), upgraded from avast! 7 beta 2 with downloaded install file (EXE). So, when installed on online condition, it broke, avast won't lunch after restart. Then installed once again (now is offline) ~ well, its work!

But there is a bug, the Windows "Scan Now" is missing its components, nothing there! Just a blank windows with some prefix.

And, as mention before, the avast! account still inaccessible :).
Avast Security Premium - Windows 10, Android, iPadOS. | Avast One Free - Windows 11

snickerson

« Reply #136 on: February 24, 2012, 04:14:58 AM »
Updated two machines so far from paid/registered Avast, 1 win 7 32bit and 1 win 7 64bit, both were from Avast updater, worked fine, but be aware that the screen will be blank for 3 to 5 minutes looking like its locked-up, then will suddenly continue with the boot. All is fine so far. :)

Kilia

« Reply #137 on: February 24, 2012, 04:20:53 AM »
Just like Dch48 said.

I'm trying to connect to my.avast account and the service seems unavailable.
Same here.

Graig

« Reply #138 on: February 24, 2012, 04:41:10 AM »
I'm new the sandbox thing. For the first time a program I have been using for a long time was detected as a potential suspect although no indication that it was dangerous to run. After I tried running it a few more times it stopped being detected. it now runs as before. is this the way it should be working?

dagrev

« Reply #139 on: February 24, 2012, 04:45:00 AM »
Not all shields loaded, "Fix" did nothing.  Between that and getting Outlook to work with the anti-spam (which I never did) I spent the evening getting ver 7 running.  It took all night but I did it thanks to Rollback.  What a mess.  I so tired I and aggravated I won't even get into all the goofy things I ran into.  Never had this kind of trouble before.

I'm glad avast met the precious 23rd deadline and released a version that still seems to have too many issues (going on the posts just before release). ::)  I wonder how long it will be before the next update/fixes are out.  Soon no doubt.  But the deadline was met.  Ans yes I'm grumpy after killing the entire evening.

true indian

« Reply #140 on: February 24, 2012, 04:52:42 AM »
Ran latest aswclear once more to ensure nothing from RC Built is still there and rebooted.... then made a clean install of official version 7 without problems :) everything is working excellent and this version 7 is awesome  ;D

While registering i get service is currently not available....why?  :-\

Thanks avast! team.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 06:48:00 AM by true indian »

Offline .: L' arc :.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
« Reply #141 on: February 24, 2012, 05:03:22 AM »
Edit: Has anybody here confirmed that the System Restore Issue has been solved with Version 7?

Personally, I don't really think System Restore has ever restored anything properly. Anyway, you may want to follow this thread.
Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium SP1
avast! 9 RC1

Offline TedNelly

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Trust No-One!
« Reply #142 on: February 24, 2012, 05:27:43 AM »
Update ...smooth as silk. Free AV Program running like a Swiss watch without the winder.

Fantastic product many thanks 
Windows 10 Pro | Intel I7 CPU | 16 Gig 2133 RAM | Avast beta 17.5.2295 | Firefox 54 b9(64-bit) | Cyberfox 52.1 | T-Bird 52.1.1 | SpyWareBlaster 5.5 | MalwareBytes 3.0.0.865 | WinPatrol 35.5.2 | GlassWire 1.2.100 | Cybereason Ransomfree 2.2.7 |  Pulla-dePlug Final!

nelu68

Re: Avast 7 Final Released Streaming update
« Reply #143 on: February 24, 2012, 05:34:39 AM »
One question: how does it works streaming update? Is it functional? any logs about?
(AIS 7 final,W7/64)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 05:36:56 AM by nelu68 »

Offline Rompin Raider

« Reply #144 on: February 24, 2012, 05:55:32 AM »
Installed by update...slick and runs great! Congrats Avast-terrific job!  ;D
Win10 Pro 22H2 64 bit Avast Premium Security/uBlock Origin

Dch48

« Reply #145 on: February 24, 2012, 06:50:19 AM »
Updated through v6 GUI on Vista machine and all is well. That machine still has the old Alwil Software/ Avast 5 directory structure but it worked fine. That makes 3 for 3 on updating with 3 different versions of Windows.

Dch48

« Reply #146 on: February 24, 2012, 07:21:19 AM »
I consider this to be a bug that needs to be addressed. I was testing the auto-sandbox with the test file and it popped up asking me what to do since I have it set on ask. So far so good and just as it always has. Then when I told it to run in the sandbox, the other window popped up saying it was being analyzed. After a bit it said not enough evidence was found to consider it malware. Again , all well and good. Now here comes what I consider to be a bug. The analyzing window then closed but also terminated the sandbox test program so there was no way to actually test whether it could make any changes to the system or not. It does the same thing on every try. I don't think this is the proper behavior for the feature. It should not terminate the app that is running in the sandbox unless it was found to be malicious.

TheAnima

« Reply #147 on: February 24, 2012, 07:32:57 AM »
Just installed 7.10.1407 over here.

Booting up the computer seems a bit sluggish since the update. It takes a while for Avast to get completely set up, and when I double click the orange ball to check it, it says my system's unsecured. If I leave it alone for a few seconds it loads up alright. After everything's started up, though, my computer seems to run normally. I tried ticking "Load Avast only after loading other services" and it did shave about twenty seconds off the loading time, but it still seems a bit slow, sometimes locking my computer up for a few seconds.

Other than this, I haven't had any real problems. The program works well so far, it's just like dragging a horse up a hill to start it.

true indian

« Reply #148 on: February 24, 2012, 07:33:31 AM »
@Dch48

well the autosandbox works correctly....when the program is analyzed in sandbox and when it found as malware or not enough evidence it terminates the program in sandbox and eventually closes the sandbox so no damage to the system and asks u what action should be taken when next time excuted.

Gargamel360

« Reply #149 on: February 24, 2012, 07:44:25 AM »
. It should not terminate the app that is running in the sandbox unless it was found to be malicious.
I think that might be by design....in part to stop people from using it like an on-demand sandbox.

They just want it to be a safe place for additional analysis.  Not something for you run a shady program in so you can have your cake and eat it too, or manually determine if it is malicious yourself.  I get the feeling they mean it to be an Auto-sandbox, emphasis on the bold print, little-to-no user interaction required....or wanted. ;)