Author Topic: Avast 7 Final Released  (Read 303469 times)

boohpear

Re: Avast 7 Final Released
« Reply #300 on: February 25, 2012, 07:46:56 PM »
Great! ;D
Updating via built-in program updater doesn't work dough. (from 7 beta)

My manual 'update engine and virus definitions' doesn't work...but my manual 'update program' does.

weird.

maybe the glitch will be fixed with another avast update....or maybe i have to do an install/repair....dunno..am not really techno literate.

Ps..can you send me a large picture of your jack nicholson I would love to have it on my desktop..it might make me laugh when i keep trying to manually update.

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
« Reply #301 on: February 25, 2012, 08:15:03 PM »
Well, something is not right with my Avast Free.

First, I can't connect to avast! Accounts: when I try to, a pop-up with spinning ring appears and disappears but no connection is established.

Second, I see no more usual adds bellow the security summary. When I allow the avast! Market tab, it says that I must be connected to internet if I want to see the content. But I am already connected!
I have found that there was a conflict between Avast and Windows 7 Firewall Control Free Beta v.5.0.0.2. I removed the W7FC beta and installed the latest stable W7FC v.4.1.21.93.

My problem is solved but I think somebody who has an account at W7FC forum should report the issue there.
May the FOSS be with you!

Zen11t

« Reply #302 on: February 25, 2012, 08:48:47 PM »
ERROR!

My avast IS is password protected, and for example I want to reach Settings it's ask my password. Well, on this dialog window when you press F1 avast freeze. (It's show a memory error, but I can't make screenshot.)

Can somebody reproduce this?

ady4um

« Reply #303 on: February 25, 2012, 08:52:05 PM »
I have found that there was a conflict between Avast and Windows 7 Firewall Control Free Beta v.5.0.0.2. I removed the W7FC beta and installed the latest stable W7FC v.4.1.21.93.

My problem is solved but I think somebody who has an account at W7FC forum should report the issue there.
It might not be the specific version, but the fact that your firewall software was involved. While changing it, you might have deleted the old rules relevant to avast, and when they were re-created, all turned to be fine.

Of course this is just one possibility, and there could be some bug in that W7FC beta.

JoeBlack40

« Reply #304 on: February 25, 2012, 08:53:05 PM »
Great! ;D
Updating via built-in program updater doesn't work dough. (from 7 beta)

My manual 'update engine and virus definitions' doesn't work...but my manual 'update program' does.

weird.

That i was tryin' to find out,that i'm not the only one with this problem.I posted this morning this issue, but still no reply for me.'Till the problem is solved,switched to another AV for now.

AdrianH

« Reply #305 on: February 25, 2012, 08:56:27 PM »
ERROR!

My avast IS is password protected, and for example I want to reach Settings it's ask my password. Well, on this dialog window when you press F1 avast freeze. (It's show a memory error, but I can't make screenshot.)

Can somebody reproduce this?

Doesn't happen here, set password, call up settings, dialog box appears, press F1 (or any other F key) and nothing unusual happens.

YoKenny

« Reply #306 on: February 25, 2012, 09:15:04 PM »
...cuz i can't use it w/o parental control -.-

Why..?? ???

because i have kids in my house and sis/brother too, so i really need a parental control or maybe someone knows a good parental control software i can use with avast! internet security.
Use Google:
http://www.consumersearch.com/parental-control-software
http://www.netnanny.com

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
« Reply #307 on: February 25, 2012, 09:23:07 PM »

It might not be the specific version, but the fact that your firewall software was involved. While changing it, you might have deleted the old rules relevant to avast, and when they were re-created, all turned to be fine.

Of course this is just one possibility, and there could be some bug in that W7FC beta.
I rebooted my computer and now I don't know what to think. The on-line features and adds disappeared again!  :-[
May the FOSS be with you!

REDACTED

« Reply #308 on: February 25, 2012, 09:34:23 PM »
Hi guys,
We have just released the final version of avast 7, version number 7.0.1407.
Hi
I'm working with Clarion (www.softvelocity.com).
Since today (upgraded to v7 free) 50% of my software are treated as potentially unsafe.
Where I can send some exe so you can check?

... I was removed some exe's from SandBox, and now some files are not treated as unsafe, but other still are.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 09:40:33 PM by freecrm@live.com »

Dch48

« Reply #309 on: February 25, 2012, 09:37:34 PM »
George, if those things are not showing up, it almost certainly has to have something to do with a firewall or maybe even an ad blocker. I recently have reverted to just using the Win7 firewall in it's default setup. I just got sick of outgoing filtering messing things up and breaking updating and installation of too many things.  Many times, by the time the alert appears to allow the connection, it's already too late and the program has to be started over again. The other two computers here only use the firewall of their respective versions of Windows and neither of them has needed anything more in the last 5 years.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 09:39:06 PM by Dch48 »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #310 on: February 25, 2012, 09:38:18 PM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Geoffo

« Reply #312 on: February 25, 2012, 10:00:43 PM »
I've just upgraded to 7, all went ok with no problems, but now I've opened the GUI & I see on the Summary page "Not Connected with any Avast Account". Now I see many others on this forum connecting & setting up their account, but I'm just wondering what are the advantages in doing so? What would I miss out on if I didn't set up an account?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 10:08:05 PM by Geoffo »
Win7, Chrome, Avast MBAM, SUS,

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #313 on: February 25, 2012, 10:03:11 PM »
Geoffo, the account helps you to manage your avast installations, statistics and license validity.
The best things in life are free.

Offline Geoffo

« Reply #314 on: February 25, 2012, 10:11:50 PM »
Geoffo, the account helps you to manage your avast installations, statistics and license validity.

Thanks Tech, I will set up an account now
Win7, Chrome, Avast MBAM, SUS,