Author Topic: Avast 7 Final Released  (Read 303709 times)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Geoffo

Re: Avast 7 Final Released
« Reply #316 on: February 25, 2012, 10:39:39 PM »
This is so frustrating. I've now set up my new account, when I go to log in at my.avast.com, it says unverified email, follow the confirmation email to your email address. I've received that email it's completely blank except for "registration.email.content", no link back to the my.avast.com. What on earth am I supposed to do with it?
Win7, Chrome, Avast MBAM, SUS,

Hermite15

« Reply #317 on: February 25, 2012, 10:42:45 PM »
I got the "unverified email mention" appearing too on the site ... although my account/email was verified  ;)

Kilia

« Reply #318 on: February 25, 2012, 10:45:51 PM »
@Dynaheir

when booting in Win Vista/Seven hit F8 repeatedly until the Windows start option panel appears, then choose safe mode and hit enter.
What would running in safe-mode to with this problem??

Offline Geoffo

« Reply #319 on: February 25, 2012, 10:47:04 PM »
I got the "unverified email mention" appearing too on the site ... although my account/email was verified  ;)

How did you verify your account logos, I mean was there a link back in the email that you received, mine was more or less blank apart from those 3 words "registration. email.content". Maybe I'm to copy/paste that somewhere, no instructions with it though, surprisingly amatuerish
Win7, Chrome, Avast MBAM, SUS,

REDACTED

« Reply #320 on: February 25, 2012, 10:47:28 PM »
Where I can send some exe so you can check?

http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php?loadStyles

thx

You're welcome.
I have send simple exe, but after few run/close, that exe is not problem any more (it opens normally.
Then I have run another exe, our small Crm software. This program is 50% unsafe, and 50% is OK.
Why is that?
Then I have send setup and image showing sandbox.
Then I run it few times without problems, and after that again...
I have compiled new exe, same. Few time is OK, then not.

I make my living from such shareware, and I must say that I have used (in the past) some virtualization software, spend time & money and lost many customers regarding false positive alarms.
Now I'm not using such software, but such things make me lot of trouble.
It will be fast reviewed by Avast team, is that right?

What would generally reduce the possibility of treating exe files as virus?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 10:54:02 PM by freecrm@live.com »

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #321 on: February 25, 2012, 10:47:54 PM »
WebRep module for Chrome still don't work  :(
Status [X]

You don't say what version you use, if it isn't the latest stable build, which is chrome v17 or earlier, then the webrep doesn't support them. Later builds, v18 or higher are Beta or Dev builds.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Kilia

« Reply #322 on: February 25, 2012, 10:48:42 PM »
using 7.0.1407 after completing the update,  for some reason every time i turn my computer on i get a complete your upgrade to avast 7 message, followed by an invalid stream.

XP SP3
Same here!

UPDATE: Problem taken care of now..
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 12:11:43 AM by Kilia »

enigmista63

« Reply #323 on: February 26, 2012, 01:42:57 AM »
Hello everyone I installed the final version for 2 days and I must say for the record that Tutt works ok, also the account avast duly registered and -functional. The installation made ​​pc clean no problem to find.

Lady Adellandra

« Reply #324 on: February 26, 2012, 03:30:38 AM »
Is it supposed to make my Windows 7 Home Premium do a memory dump, then say explorer.exe is a suspicious file?  When I boot up, it crashes the computer, doing a memory dump. When it restarts the computer automatically, it says that explorer.exe is suspicious.  I'm thinking of going back to Avast! 6, because I didn't have any problems with it.  What were the changes in this version 7?  Also, it puts explorer.exe automatically in the sandbox.  Can anyone help?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 03:32:37 AM by Lady Adellandra »

Jesant13

« Reply #325 on: February 26, 2012, 04:52:03 AM »
avast! Free Antivirus let me know today that a program update was available (I was waiting for it to let me know that version 7 was available.) I started the update process and during that time my firewall program let me know that avast.setup wanted access to the internet. I gave it temporary permission to do so, and the update process continued. I was asked if I wanted to restart my computer, which I was glad to see because some people have reported that it didn't happen to them. I told it to restart my computer, and it did so.

I logged into Windows and the thing came up telling me about some (if not all) of the new features in version 7. It also gave me the option to install Google Chrome. I told it not to, and finished the installation. avast.setup again wanted access to the internet, so I again gave it temporary permission to do so. I started Firefox, which gave me the option to enable or disable the plugin. I told it to disable it. I uninstalled the plugin from Firefox and Internet Explorer and also disabled WebRep and the phishing filter in "Expert Settings", because I use WOT and Firefox has anti-phishing protection.

I restarted again to make sure everything was all set. I logged into Windows and again avast.setup wanted access to the internet. This time, I gave it permanent permission to access the internet, as my firewall program told me it was at C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\Setup\avast.setup. I'm curious as to what it is for.

I restarted a final time and logged into Windows. avast.setup didn't ask for permission to access the internet, which was supposed to happen since I gave it permanent permission to access it. avast! Free Antivirus seems to be working normally to me and I wasn't asked if I wanted to install Google Chrome upon each restart (which happened to some people) and all the shields are working fine (unlike what happened to some people.) The connection to streaming updates is established. I decided not to create an account. I also learned that I didn't have to register again, which I liked.

I'm glad I didn't experience some of the issues that some people had when upgrading. I think version 7 so far is the best version of avast! Free Antivirus yet. I thank everyone who worked and helped work on version 7.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #326 on: February 26, 2012, 05:34:55 AM »
C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\Setup\avast.setup. I'm curious as to what it is for.

For updating the VPS and/or the program.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

GoodGuy98

« Reply #327 on: February 26, 2012, 05:37:17 AM »
I use a freeware program called SUMo which checks most user installed programs for available updates.
Here is where I download it from in case that info is helpful.

http://www.kcsoftwares.com/index.php?download

I download the version with the red circle RK since it doesn't include Relevant Knowledge spyware. If anyone wishes to look at it,
uncheck all the optional adware etc and you just get the SUMo program itself.

This program worked fine using Avast V6, but it has slowed to a crawl once I upgraded to Avast v7. One of the earlier posts I read in this forum
suggested viewing the Avast File System Shield to get an idea what is happening. It was scanning each program and it slowed to the point I
had to stop the File System Shield while it ran. This behavior wasn't occurring using Avast v6.

Any ideas on how to handle this situation in order to make it usable again?

curly1x

« Reply #328 on: February 26, 2012, 05:44:28 AM »

shamanshadows

« Reply #329 on: February 26, 2012, 06:23:17 AM »
i cant find avast5.ini and i also try to search *.ini but no avast5