Author Topic: Avast 7 Final Released  (Read 301321 times)

scjr

Re: Avast 7 Final Released
« Reply #375 on: February 27, 2012, 12:12:57 AM »
I love Avast, but I had to go back to version 6 on my machines. On both my Win7 machines, v7 just sits on the welcome screen after we log in. It takes a longer than usual time to load up. I'll wait until another v7 is released and try again. I had the problem with the popup many are posting about and got that worked out. Still it seems this release needs a little work. Thanks for all your efforts Avast!

Dch48

« Reply #376 on: February 27, 2012, 12:31:43 AM »
How do I know the cloud services is working right? A minute ago i just check for updates and it downloaded 120226-4 def update (I manually updated it) and i thought avast should have downloaded that update right away.   Avast 7 has got me confused a lot.  :-[
It still is only going to check for and download the regular updates at the prescribed interval. Unless you've changed it, that's every 4 hours and the regular updates are not part of the cloud services. The streaming updates are cloud based and are only partial updates  containing the new defs that are considered the most critical to have. What triggers a streaming update however, I have no idea. Maybe they can fill us in on that.

mTx_LiviutzZ

« Reply #377 on: February 27, 2012, 12:36:55 AM »
Nice!!! I'ts works great!!!

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #378 on: February 27, 2012, 12:40:29 AM »
Looks like this thread's long overdue for comment on a plus, and thanks to the Avast team for it.

I just noticed this morning that, after ages of requests for this from users, the status (main) screen of the GUI now includes a warning that self-protection is turned off, if that's the case.  Better still, it can be turned back on from right there, without having to go into Settings.
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
« Reply #379 on: February 27, 2012, 12:43:12 AM »
How do I know the cloud services is working right? A minute ago i just check for updates and it downloaded 120226-4 def update (I manually updated it) and i thought avast should have downloaded that update right away.   Avast 7 has got me confused a lot.  :-[
It still is only going to check for and download the regular updates at the prescribed interval. Unless you've changed it, that's every 4 hours and the regular updates are not part of the cloud services. The streaming updates are cloud based and are only partial updates  containing the new defs that are considered the most critical to have. What triggers a streaming update however, I have no idea. Maybe they can fill us in on that.
I don't even have the streaming updates folder in the Defs folder in Avast Software on C:\Program Files\Avast Software\avast\defs
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

Dch48

« Reply #380 on: February 27, 2012, 12:51:01 AM »
I might be wrong but I think the Streaming folder gets axed after a regular update is received. I still haven't gotten the -4 update for today and it's not due for another 2 1/2 hours.  I have both the 1202263 and the 1202263_stream folders but I bet the stream one will be wiped out when I get the 1202264 update. I could get it manually to check but I'd rather see what happens with the auto-update.

gdiloren

« Reply #381 on: February 27, 2012, 12:52:35 AM »
Hello!

I upgraded to avast 6 yesterday morning (by upgrade button) and got too the "splash screen" asking to push "finish" to complete the installation of avast 7, but only 4 times (the third time it asked if I want to install chrome). For 1 hour ago I started the computer 2 more times and no splash screen appared :).

I noticed too, as some other, that the computer works a bit slower now. No other problems in my Win XP Premium sp3.
I chose to not enable autosandbox cause I have Comodo sandbox with df+ enabled, by the way, no conflicts with Comodo firewall in Win XP as someone mentioned to have with Win 7.

Yesterday I tryed to upgrade my wifes laptop (Dell Studio) with Win 7 64bit, and the download from the upgrade button stuck att 1/3 of the process. I canceled the upgrade after waiting 20 min. I'll make another try in some days, not worth now.
I'm a user of avast since version 4.8 and this is the first time that I experience som problem with avast  :-\

Ps. sorry for my english!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Win XP Premium sp3/2GB ram/2.8 ghz/ avast! 7 free (autosandbox disabled/ Comodo firewall 5.9, sandbox and Df+ enabled/ Malwarebytes free.
Hmm...! No good configuration. You should only have Comodo FW On, if not, use WIndows FW and Windows Control FW its far better. Remember, no more than 1 AV on your running system! :P

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #382 on: February 27, 2012, 01:09:26 AM »
I might be wrong but I think the Streaming folder gets axed after a regular update is received. I still haven't gotten the -4 update for today and it's not due for another 2 1/2 hours.  I have both the 1202263 and the 1202263_stream folders but I bet the stream one will be wiped out when I get the 1202264 update. I could get it manually to check but I'd rather see what happens with the auto-update.

You got it right.  Every regular VPS update clears the previous streaming updates, as they are just interim signature updates until they are integrated into the next VPS.  When the updated VPS is received, they're no longer needed as they are redundant.
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

Riv3r

« Reply #383 on: February 27, 2012, 02:17:16 AM »
What a mess.  AIS
Tried to update from last beta to this via updater. Doesn't work.
Downloaded full package - cannot read installation file.
Downloaded package again (exact same file size) Installed
System said license had expired - inserted license file - accepted
All shields disabled, cannot turn on. rebooted twice, still cant get "network shield" on

Second machine - same issues.

imagine that, avast being a piece of s***. why is it the final release always ends up acting like a beta? i stopped using avast when it messed with my operating system license key, plus a couple shields weren't even functioning.... if it's not 1 thing, then it's another with avast. i spend more time trying to recover from this b.s. than i can enjoy it. i dig the UI, the graphics, and the design is more than i could ask for, but it's no good since the software can't even read itself. i mean.... wtf? i'm sick of being disappointed with issues. do a better job, so people don't have to raise hell with you. :)

Techtronic

« Reply #384 on: February 27, 2012, 03:14:52 AM »
Wow! Just to bring some different perspective to this thread:

avast! manual update from v6 to v7 on 3 laptops running Win 7 Pro x64. Installed V7 on top of v6.

No issues at all! All the v6 settings were kept! Everything works!

Outlook 2010 mail: no issues!

All 3 laptops feel as fast or faster than before!

Internet browsing, no issues! Pages open as fast or faster than before!

Great job avast! team :D

Dch48

« Reply #385 on: February 27, 2012, 03:21:44 AM »
Same here, upgraded on all 3 of the machines in my signature through the GUI and had none of these major  problems that are being reported. It just works.

ronwischer

« Reply #386 on: February 27, 2012, 03:35:11 AM »
Avast 7 is a real piece of work.
My XP machine is now slower than ever,
no way to update manually, just sits there and does nothing,
so over bloated with junk,
thinks every program on my computer is unsafe.

I want my computer to work for me,
I don't want to work for my computer.

Looks like when my subscription is up, I'll need to find a new anti virus program that been on a diet.

Guys, more bells and whistles don't make for a better train.

Ron

PS
This verification crap is really hard to read.....

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
« Reply #387 on: February 27, 2012, 04:10:41 AM »
@ronwischer My computer is loading faster on boot with avast 7.. The last version of avast 6 that i had installed on this computer before I installed avast 7 was making my computer lag a little bit on boot.
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

Offline Rompin Raider

« Reply #388 on: February 27, 2012, 04:12:53 AM »
@ronwischer My computer is loading faster on boot with avast 7.. The last version of avast 6 that i had installed on this computer before I installed avast 7 was making my computer lag a little bit on boot.
Mine is lighter as well....nice!
Win10 Pro 22H2 64 bit Avast Premium Security/uBlock Origin

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #389 on: February 27, 2012, 05:22:13 AM »
C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\Setup\avast.setup. I'm curious as to what it is for.

For updating the VPS and/or the program.

Thank you for letting me know what it's for. I'll continue to let my firewall allow it access to the internet.

You're welcome.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0