Author Topic: Avast 7 Final Released  (Read 301318 times)

Dch48

Re: Avast 7 Final Released
« Reply #570 on: April 11, 2012, 11:20:43 PM »
Hi craig

I am on 7.01426, and I can't log in to my internet bank any more with any of my browsers sandboxed.

BR
FlemmingK
If you have a paid version, why aren't you using the Safe Zone for banking? I personally never sandbox my regular browsers because I see no need to with the other built in protections both they and Avast offer.

MoBee

« Reply #571 on: May 12, 2012, 02:22:08 PM »
:( I had no problem downloading the new file, installed fine all seemed to be happy.  I then attempted to use my computer and it would boot up, then start to slow way down and then freeze because of over usage of resources.  Uninstall avast and it runs fine, though it is without protection.  Ideas?  Avast did update the same day that Windows sent out 40 plus security fixes, maybe Windows removed or moved a file you all "anchor" to?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #572 on: May 12, 2012, 05:40:00 PM »
:( I had no problem downloading the new file, installed fine all seemed to be happy.  I then attempted to use my computer and it would boot up, then start to slow way down and then freeze because of over usage of resources.  Uninstall avast and it runs fine, though it is without protection.  Ideas?  Avast did update the same day that Windows sent out 40 plus security fixes, maybe Windows removed or moved a file you all "anchor" to?
I suggest an installation from scratch:

1. Download the latest version of avast! Uninstall Utility and save it.
2. Download the latest avast! version and save it.
3. (Optional) If you want, save your avast! settings for later restoration (Settings > Maintenance > Back up).
4. Uninstall avast from Control Panel (if possible). If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after that.
5. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1 in Safe Mode. Boot after you've run it. Repeat this for any major avast! version you have ever installed/upgraded in your computer.
6. Install avast! using the setup saved on 2. Boot.
7. Register your free copy or add the license key for Pro. Or even upgrade your key from old versions.
8. Check and post the results. If, for any reason, you did not solve, try doing the step 3 in Safe Mode anyway.
The best things in life are free.

vacsek

« Reply #573 on: May 12, 2012, 10:17:53 PM »
Dear Forum Guys!

I don't know am I using the right topic or not but I have the following problem.

AvastSVC.exe kills my CPU. The usage is always almost 100%.

I have XP SP3 and avast internet security 7.0.1426.
I have Sygate Personal Firewall version 5.6 build 2808.
It happens since the last 2-3 weeks. I did not install or change anything on the system. Just update avast automatically.

I hope you have the solution.
Thank you in advance!
Regards,
Chris

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #574 on: May 12, 2012, 10:27:00 PM »
I don't know much about Sygate firewall, but, isn't it blocking the correct function of avast?
Disabling it for a while, would it help?
The best things in life are free.

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #575 on: May 13, 2012, 03:41:33 AM »
AvastSVC.exe kills my CPU. The usage is always almost 100%.

I have XP SP3 and avast internet security 7.0.1426.
It happens since the last 2-3 weeks. I did not install or change anything on the system. Just update avast automatically.

I'm using Sygate Persona Firewall v5.6 build 2808 and Avast Free 7.0.1426 on WinXP Pro SP3.  With this combination, I'm not having the issue with high CPU utilization.  Do you have installed (even if disabled) other security software?  Any torrent downloading??

AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

MoBee

« Reply #576 on: May 13, 2012, 03:49:05 PM »
Washed, rinsed and repeated but it did not change the problem.  Anything else I can try?  :(

3. (Optional) If you want, save your avast! settings for later restoration (Settings > Maintenance > Back up).
4. Uninstall avast from Control Panel (if possible). If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after that.
5. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1 in Safe Mode. Boot after you've run it. Repeat this for any major avast! version you have ever installed/upgraded in your computer.
7. Register your free copy or add the license key for Pro. Or even upgrade your key from old versions.
8. Check and post the results. If, for any reason, you did not solve, try doing the step 3 in Safe Mode anyway.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #577 on: May 13, 2012, 03:50:58 PM »
Washed, rinsed and repeated but it did not change the problem.  Anything else I can try?  :(

Please start a new topic for your issue. Thanks.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #578 on: May 13, 2012, 03:53:10 PM »

You've told us you're using Windows XP SP3 but never told us anything about your computer. How much Ram   etc ???
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

MoBee

« Reply #579 on: May 13, 2012, 04:01:41 PM »
Here you go:
     Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit operating system
    AMD 1090T Phenom II 6-Core 3.20GHZ Processor
    USB 3.0 and SATA III
    Dual ATI Radeon 6850's in Crossfire Configuration
    8GB of blazing fast Dual Channel DDR3 memory
    AMD Vision Black
    Liquid Cooled
    Asus Crosshair IV Formula, A Republic Of Gamers Motherboard

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #580 on: May 13, 2012, 04:07:06 PM »
As said, please start a new topic...!!

Answer these questions there...

- Which avast!..?? (Free/Pro/IS)
- Which version..??
- OS..?? (32/64 Bit..? - which SP..?)
- Other security related software installed..??
- Which AV did you use before avast!..??
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0