Author Topic: Sorry if this appears to be a stupid question  (Read 1667 times)

Goodgrace

Sorry if this appears to be a stupid question
« on: February 23, 2012, 10:55:49 PM »
To register a free licence is it just the same as logging into my avast? I ask this because to log in to my avast it states 'your username' and yet on the faq of registering the licence it states 'your email'? Or is there another thing I have/will to register to? I guess what I am getting at is My avast thing seperate from the whole registering licence? Needless to say can log in to my avast fine.

ady4um

Re: Sorry if this appears to be a stupid question
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 11:02:33 PM »
They are related, but anyway, go to "maintenance -> registration" and check your status. If it says "not registered", then follow the instructions there. Or, alternatively, if you have still trial days ahead, you could wait and use it, until the trial period finishes.

Goodgrace

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 11:04:53 PM »
I have four months of my registration to go. Just wish to know what I will have to do then rather than panic when that day comes. Thanks :)

ady4um

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 11:14:02 PM »
Avast will tell you that the registration is going to expire (with enough days so you can even ask this same question several times more).

When avast tells you, you can go to maintenance and renew the registration.

For more details, search the KB & FAQs.

Goodgrace

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 11:49:52 PM »
Strange now I can't log on to my avast just comes back with Error. When I try and change pass it says please correct the infomation below? I assume it's the servers of avast overloading at least I hope so! Anyway thanks for bearing with me. :)