Author Topic: Avast 7 and Comodo Firewall  (Read 130985 times)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast 7 and Comodo Firewall
« Reply #165 on: March 07, 2013, 11:40:38 AM »
Update to CIS 6.x
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Seany007

« Reply #166 on: March 07, 2013, 11:48:32 AM »
Since when and who fixed this issue? Did Avast fix this issue already? It did not only affect Comodo Firewall but also Windows one as well.

Egemen the head developer of CIS:

"The issue is avast intercepts WEB connections at the driver level and redirects connections to its own local proxy.

Because CIS operates at NDIS layer i.e. the lowest layer of the protection, it sees the actual connection i.e. avast proxy. Normally CIS should have blocked the loppback area connection to the proxy however because of the limitations in Windows 7, it fails.

CIS uses TDI, WFP and NDIS to provide its firewall functionality. WFP maybe enough ti implement an average firewall but it is not enough for a firewall like CFW so that it could not be used alone wihtout the support of the other 2 technologies. Windows 8 allowed us to use WFP more than previous windows editions and it should not be a problem with the next CIS editions which support Windows 8."

So Windows 8 is the only OS which don't seem to have this issue. Windows 7 is still not fixed.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 11:52:29 AM by Seany007 »

Offline sggaunt

« Reply #167 on: March 07, 2013, 11:54:48 AM »
Asyn: Not sure if you were referring to my Post, but Comodo 6 seems to have a number of issues with CIS forum members, mostly related to Dumming down of the interface.
My copy of V5 is not picking up on any updates, so I have decided to stick with it for the time being.
V6 is dues an update any day now (should have been at the end of the month but it is late ??) I also want to see what effect this has?
But I guess I will update soon.

Arnold72

« Reply #168 on: March 07, 2013, 10:24:01 PM »
Avast 7 (last release) + Comodo 6 on Windows 7, is the bug still present ?

No.
Any proof of this please.? ;D

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #169 on: March 07, 2013, 10:32:19 PM »
Avast 7 (last release) + Comodo 6 on Windows 7, is the bug still present ?

No.
Any proof of this please.? ;D

Test it. ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Arnold72

« Reply #170 on: April 29, 2013, 01:04:56 AM »
okay.
Well im running avast 8 and comodo firewall 5.12 and i can confirm there is no issue between both programs. 8)

Offline MrMaxaMan

« Reply #171 on: April 29, 2013, 02:06:29 AM »
okay.
Well im running avast 8 and comodo firewall 5.12 and i can confirm there is no issue between both programs. 8)

There are other threads showing people (like me) are having problems with Comodo 6 and Avast 8.
Avast Free 20.3.2405 - Comodo 12.2.2.7036 Firewall with D+ - Winpatrol Free.
On demand - MBAM - Super Antispyware.
Windows 10 64bit - 16GB Ram.

nishadrox

« Reply #172 on: April 29, 2013, 09:02:33 AM »
I use the latest beta build of Avast Pro Antivirus and the latest stable build of Comodo Firewall with Defense+. I haven't done any exclusions. But both programs are now running fine without any issues like before. :)

Arnold72

« Reply #173 on: April 29, 2013, 05:32:22 PM »
okay.

There are other threads showing people (like me) are having problems with Comodo 6 and Avast 8.

Im not using v6.
head over to the comodo forum and there are still plenty of problems with it.

Taucher

« Reply #174 on: June 27, 2013, 09:44:39 AM »
Hello

I am new to this issue

but what I understand and see myself is

that Comodo Firewall V6 (as V5 did) can not manage (allow block ask) any traffic that runs through Avast's Network shield right?

I noticed I can block all this with Comodo Firewall if I apply a global rule that blocks any 127.0.0.1 (may be  port: 12080 is needed) traffic.

Worse, I noticed the same accounts for little software called Proxifier! This is a legal nice and cool software I bought but! I can not controll its traffic, too, for the same reasons. SO ANY PROGRAMMER can write some piece of shitty code that uses this local proxy tunnel function and bypasses COMODO Firewall!
Avast's netshield is there no help since it can never be as good as an experienced user that controlls in/outbound traffic via firewall manually.

Arnold72

« Reply #175 on: June 28, 2013, 07:20:25 PM »
I remember when this issue was first brought to the surface and users could not block firefox from connecting.
Well i have tested this theory myself and i can confirm that comodo does block outbound connections when avast is run in tandem.

Anyway the subject is moot because avast has a primary function of preventing malware from being installed so illegitimate connections should not be an issue and if any user feels there is a need to block any connections then those programs really should not be installed on the computer.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #176 on: June 29, 2013, 05:51:56 AM »
Comodo Firewall v6.2.282872 has avast on its "in program" whitelist. CFW v6.2 and avast plays well together.
I have never experienced any issues. It's the CFW "behavior blocker" which creates the issue.
If you disable the CFW behavior blocker you will be fine.

CFW GUI>Tasks>Advanced Tasks>Defense+>HIPS>HIPS Settings>Behavior Blocker>untick the box and disable the Behavior Blocker.  :)

Stand alone Comodo Firewall http://download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/2000/standalone/cfw_installer.exe

To install untick everything on first screen>click "custom install">untick everything "except" the firewall>click "back"> click "agree and install"  8)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #177 on: June 29, 2013, 05:59:07 AM »
There are still quite a lot of issues between Win8 and CFW still to be worked out.  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

subhendu

« Reply #178 on: June 29, 2013, 08:32:19 AM »
i am using comodo internet security premium version 6.2. but i want to give a try avast 8 latest version with my comodo firewall version 6.2. can i use that .
is there any settings i need to change for this? 8)

Taucher

« Reply #179 on: July 01, 2013, 05:38:50 PM »
Pradon me

but I have Comodo 6.2 and Avast beta and malicious test code can go out through Avast netshield virtual network adapter / local tunner proxy what ever technique and Comodo want pop in despite tight settings in Comodo: