Author Topic: Can I revert back to Avast 6?  (Read 4099 times)

dcross

Can I revert back to Avast 6?
« on: February 24, 2012, 03:27:04 PM »
I downloaded Avast 7 last night and have just found out that I'm affected by the current Avast/Comodo Firewall compatability issue. Is there any way for me to revert back to version 6?

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Can I revert back to Avast 6?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 03:43:16 PM »
Just do a clean install of v6.0.xxx  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 03:50:12 PM »
What about disabling comodo's defence+ and sandbox, then delet avast from comodo and allow it to be recreated.

dcross

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 04:02:40 PM »
There's no trouble with Defense+ or Sandbox. The problem is that Web Shield is bypassing my Firewall settings and allowing programs that I've blocked in Comodo to access the internet.

I wanted to revert back to 6 until either Comodo or Avast offers a fix, but CNET is now only offering version 7 so I don't know where to obtain a clean install of version 6.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 04:07:14 PM »
There's no trouble with Defense+ or Sandbox. The problem is that Web Shield is bypassing my Firewall settings and allowing programs that I've blocked in Comodo to access the internet.

I wanted to revert back to 6 until either Comodo or Avast offers a fix, but CNET is now only offering version 7 so I don't know where to obtain a clean install of version 6.
Easy to find if you know where http://www.filehippo.com/download_avast_antivirus/ look at the list to the right

RnP-PS

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 04:11:11 PM »
Easy to find if you know where http://www.filehippo.com/download_avast_antivirus/ look at the list to the right

Excellent.  Just what I wanted too!

Edit: Damn, I need Internet Security Suite.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 03:41:25 PM by RnP-PS »

dcross

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 05:17:03 PM »
Thanks Craigb :) Comodo seems to be working again now. Think I'll wait until the bugs have been ironed out before trying Avast 7 again.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 05:29:37 PM »
Thanks Craigb :) Comodo seems to be working again now. Think I'll wait until the bugs have been ironed out before trying Avast 7 again.
No problem  :)