Author Topic: What is proper Install Steps for Avast AV Pro 7 w/ Chrome Beta on LUA  (Read 1706 times)

Gooob

Middle of next week I will begin doing a fresh install of Windows 7.

I am a newb to Avast Pro version.
If I am starting with a clean slate PC, what would be the proper install order for me to have as follows:

1.Chrome Beta installed for a Windows Limited (non admin) User Account.
(**Note Chrome installs to the C:\Users\(name)\AppData directory and as such Chrome is not always seen as installed from the Windows Administrator account.**)
2. Avast AV Pro 7
3. Avast WebRep browser extension working on the Chrome Beta installed for the given Windows Limited User Account

How to do?

jithinm

Re: What is proper Install Steps for Avast AV Pro 7 w/ Chrome Beta on LUA
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 11:54:21 PM »
just do the 2nd step!normally avast asks for installation of chrome during its installation!so,u need not worry,and the 3rd step is automatic,as in case of chrome,firefox,and,explorer..the plugin is automatically installed!

Gooob

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 12:13:14 AM »
Here's the rub.....
In the past if I was using Chrome Beta on a WIndows Limited User Account the only way to get WebRep to install was for me to install Avast while logged into the same WIndows Limited User Account where the Chrome installation existed.

Usually a person wants to install a fundamental program such as Antivirus from a Window Administrator account.

However, in the past if I installed Avast from a Windows Admin account, Avast WebRep would not "see" Chrome was installed only on a Limited User Account, and thus WebRep wasn't installed.

So I want to be clear in the proper way to install Avast AV Pro
Do I install Avast from the Admin account and cross my fingers?
Do I install Avast from the Limited User account where Chrome Beta is located and ignore that it is inadvisable to install antivirus from a Limited User account?

Gooob

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 06:04:58 PM »
*bump*