Author Topic: 2 auto sandbox , which one is best  (Read 4527 times)

hardov

2 auto sandbox , which one is best
« on: February 25, 2012, 09:17:38 AM »
I run free Avast 7, and Comodo Firewall, which Autosandbox i should turn off? Avast or Comodo? and what about the Execution Control Settings of comodo

cvsa

Re: 2 auto sandbox , which one is best
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 09:26:46 AM »
i think you should turn avast sandbox off....  :P

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 09:33:55 AM »
They work in very different way these two.

Comodo will sandbox EVERYTHING unless whitelisted. avast! on the other hand will only sandbox if it finds it suspicious by preliminary analysis based on various charcteristics of the file. Personally i prefer the avast!'s way because even though it might not be as thorough as Comodo's approach, it's still VERY secure, yet way less intrusive and problematic. Yes, Comodo has come a long way but it still has stupid random issues that make you want scream at the monitor sometimes...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

hardov

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 09:35:27 AM »
thanks you so muchs 

hardov

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 09:38:40 AM »
and what about   the Execution Control Settings ?

Arsh de Grand

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 11:04:19 AM »
They work in very different way these two.

Comodo will sandbox EVERYTHING unless whitelisted. avast! on the other hand will only sandbox if it finds it suspicious by preliminary analysis based on various charcteristics of the file. Personally i prefer the avast!'s way because even though it might not be as thorough as Comodo's approach, it's still VERY secure, yet way less intrusive and problematic. Yes, Comodo has come a long way but it still has stupid random issues that make you want scream at the monitor sometimes...
lol yep agree , i think comodo firewall and D+ never meant for an average user anyway . and for their pop ups comodo said on their forums that they are going to fix that issue with version 6. i bet now avast need to work harder .
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 11:06:40 AM by Arsh de Grand »

lordsoth1

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 11:50:18 AM »
It's the old discussion of convenient vs secure again. Yes comodo firewall sandbox D+ works on a whitelist which is exactly one of the reasons it beats most other firewall / proactive solutions hands down, and unless you install a handfull of new programs every other day, once its set up you get no more popups than with other solutions.

I use comodo firewall & D+ because i dont trust any other to do the job ,especially on 64 bit systems most other solutions give you mediocre protection. On the other hand the comodo AV is really bad and thats why i use the AV of avast.

In my opinion leave comodo to do the sandboxing, firewalling. As for the execution control settings i would leave that to comodo to and let avast do what it actually does best, the AV part.

Cheers.

Arsh de Grand

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 11:53:51 AM »
OFF topic

@cvsa   don't get me wrong but you avatar seems like gadafie lol

cvsa

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 02:02:07 PM »
OFF topic

@cvsa   don't get me wrong but you avatar seems like gadafie lol

C'mon, don't you recognize the famous french superhero called "SuperDupont"   ::)   ;)  ;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 02:09:22 PM by cvsa »