Author Topic: Avast 7 and Superantispyware Free Version  (Read 2460 times)

SamHui

Avast 7 and Superantispyware Free Version
« on: February 26, 2012, 03:56:32 AM »
Hi, is anyone getting a BSOD with aswsp.sys when running the SuperAntispyware complete scan?  It has never happened with Avast6 but with Avast7 everytime I run the SuperAntispyware Complete Scan it would BSOD with the aswsp.sys about 1 minute into the scan.  The quick scan is fine, just the complete scan that would cause a BSOD.  Thanks.

Béňa

Re: Avast 7 and Superantispyware Free Version
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 09:17:11 AM »
I propose add dispensation to SUPERAntispyware. It is possible that the SUPERAntispyware to detect the avast! as malware or potencional software.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 12:49:37 PM »
Well I have SAS Pro installed (but only as on-demand scanner), I do a regular weekly update, followed by a scan. That was about 24hrs ago with avast 7.0.1407 installed and no issues.

A difference is that I only ever do a Quick scan as I can see little purpose in a Complete scan. Aside from the fact that the Quick scan doesn't take anyway near as long as the Complete scan, have you tried the Quick scan and do you get a BSOD with that.

####
- Upload any minidump or memory.dmp files, zipped to reduce size.  Give the zip file you are uploading a unique name (e.g. forumusername-mem-dump.zip, etc), so they can identify it. It might not be a bad idea to create a text file (readme.txt) with any relevant information, avast topic URL, user name, etc. etc. in the zip file. Not to mention posting the name of the file you uploaded in the topic acts as another searchable reference.

- Memory dump locations, Mini Dump files in, C:\Windows\Minidump\ - Full Kernel dump file, C:\windows\memory.dmp

Upload the zip file to the ftp server ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming:
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

slybo

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 04:50:55 PM »
I have avast pro and just finished doing scans with the free version of Superantispyware, Malwarebytes, and Emsisoft Antimalware with no problems. BUT when I do these I disconnect from the internet and set avast shields control to disable till restart by right clicking on the avast ball by the clock, notification area. Maybe you need to do it this way?