Author Topic: Streaming Updates not connected...  (Read 30077 times)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: Streaming Updates not connected...
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2012, 07:43:31 PM »
Do the cloud "reputation services" still work when "Connection not established" is showing ?

There may (but don't necessarily have to be).

If not, could that cause timeouts and system slow downs when executing unknown files ?

The timeout for FileRep requests is 1 second, so it really depends on what kind of slowdowns you're talking about.
Maybe avast is autosandboxing the files?

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

reisender67

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2012, 07:49:24 PM »
Hi,

now (19.44 German time) I have connection.

Greetings

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2012, 08:39:25 PM »
I have been told that some of the servers were having some issues today - the ETA for a fix is tomorrow.
Please check back tomorrow evening, and if the problem isn't resolved please tell us.

Thanks
Vlk

Jack 1000

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2012, 09:59:51 PM »
my question is: Is it normal, that in one minute the connection is established and in the next it is not established or does the system have to be permanently connected?

It may be normal, but it really comes down to the way you're connected to the Internet, whether your router doesn't close connections on which there hasn't been any activity in the last N minutes etc. Generally, avast should try to reconnect relatively soon after it sees the connection closed.

Would Avast Cloud Services not work, or not work very well, using a dial up modem?

Jack

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2012, 10:08:44 PM »

Would Avast Cloud Services not work, or not work very well, using a dial up modem?

Jack

As the bandwidth usage is pretty low, there shouldn't be any problems on dial-up.

Thanks
Vlk

happy avast user

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2012, 10:11:01 PM »
Hello all,

I am also having problems with Cloud Services, Reputation Services ENABLED, Streaming Updates ENABLED.

I went to Maintenance update and then it says Streaming Updates Enabled under that it says Connection  Connection NOT ESTABLISHED

Glad I am not the only one with this problem. I DO HOPE this problem and issue will be resolved soon.

happy avast user :)

ZbynekS

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2012, 04:52:23 PM »
Hi,

Some information on our cloud update servers performance: After releasing Avast7 several hundreds of small update packages had accumulated in the update repository and got ready for being pushed to clients. However, once the clients began connecting to the cloud they attempted to receive all update packages at once. It caused some performance problems on the cloud infrastructure and some clients couldn't either connect to the cloud or get updates. Therefore we've made some optimization of load balancing and tuned the distribution strategy. It seems now that the clients should able to connect to the cloud and get updates much easier.

Regards

Zbynek
Avast Cloud developer

selen

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2012, 05:22:55 PM »
Hi,

Some information on our cloud update servers performance: After releasing Avast7 several hundreds of small update packages had accumulated in the update repository and got ready for being pushed to clients. However, once the clients began connecting to the cloud they attempted to receive all update packages at once. It caused some performance problems on the cloud infrastructure and some clients couldn't either connect to the cloud or get updates. Therefore we've made some optimization of load balancing and tuned the distribution strategy. It seems now that the clients should able to connect to the cloud and get updates much easier.

Regards

Zbynek
Avast Cloud developer

now I receive streaming updates after lot of days of no-working updates. Thanks :)

reisender67

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2012, 06:02:39 PM »
I have been told that some of the servers were having some issues today - the ETA for a fix is tomorrow.
Please check back tomorrow evening, and if the problem isn't resolved please tell us.

Thanks
Vlk

Hello,

The connection is unfortunately still unstable.
Systemstart at 17.00: Connection OK, control at 17.50 o'clock: No connection (see attatchmend) :(
But the the connection keeps longer and the reconnection to the server is faster than yesterday. :)

Greetings
Christian

selen

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2012, 06:07:41 PM »

Thanks
Vlk

Hello,

The connection is unfortunately still unstable.
Systemstart at 17.00: Connection OK, control at 17.50 o'clock: No connection (see attatchmend) :(
But the the connection keeps longer and the reconnection to the server is faster than yesterday. :)

Greetings
Christian

Unfortunatly you're right, I have lost the connection about 5 minutes ago and it doesn't reconnect...

Orangge

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2012, 06:50:18 PM »
In my case unstable, it connects minutes and then switched off again and so on.

Offline boombastik

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2012, 07:04:05 PM »
Here in greece it works very well today. Every time i checked the programme, i was with conection established and also i take several staming updates.

isobarman

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2012, 07:51:09 PM »
I'm new to Avast Internet Security 7 and having troubles with both manual and automatic virus updating on my XP box.  The Window 7 laptop seems to be fine however?  Any ideas on what to do to get the updates working???

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2012, 08:15:12 PM »
I'm new to Avast Internet Security 7 and having troubles with both manual and automatic virus updating on my XP box.  The Window 7 laptop seems to be fine however?  Any ideas on what to do to get the updates working???
You could try the fix utility:

IMPORTANT! Fix utility for corrupted avast! v6/v7 installations
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=94514.0

isobarman

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2012, 08:57:52 PM »
Charyb,

Thanks I'll try it!