Author Topic: Security check issues  (Read 3020 times)

Hermite15

Security check issues
« on: February 26, 2012, 11:41:18 AM »
there seem to be an issue, as reported by many others on the forums, following what happens once a file suspected as unsafe has been scanned, either the file opens sandboxed, very shortly , and the process auto-terminates, either you click okay on the last alert to open it normally or sandboxed, and nothing happens.

Only way out it to launch the file again and open it normally immediately from the first security prompt.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 11:43:56 AM by logos »

true indian

Re: Security check issues
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 11:46:10 AM »
there seem to be an issue, as reported by many others on the forums, following what happens once a file suspected as unsafe has been scanned, either the file opens sandboxed, very shortly , and the process auto-terminates, either you click okay on the last alert to open it normally or sandboxed, and nothing happens.

Well..I feel u are somehow wrong!  :o

as i feel u have terribly messsed the understanding on how new autosandbox works...here is what i can see clearly about new autosandbox:

If u open a dangerous application from autosandbox the application is running in the sandbox[Though sometimes u may see the prgram on the screen with a red border] and avast analyzes it.

Once it has got some bad indications on the file as malware or cannot judge it as malware....it terminates the program running in the sandbox and asks u what to do when next time the program is opened!

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 11:47:48 AM by true indian »

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 11:52:31 AM »
Only way out it to launch the file again and open it normally immediately from the first security prompt.

you will fix that, right? I mean, I don't need to tell Avast that my file is safe, because it is safe.
I mean, you will set it as it worked for years, without problem?

Hermite15

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 11:53:29 AM »

you will fix that, right? I mean, I don't need to tell Avast that my file is safe, because it is safe.

I'm a user on these forums, it's up to Avast to read our posts and act accordingly if needed.
 Also, the issue doesn't come from the wrong or right detection, the issue here is in the security check process. Whether your file is safe or not is another story.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 11:57:14 AM by logos »

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 12:10:07 PM »

I'm a user on these forums, it's up to Avast to read our posts and act accordingly if needed.
 Also, the issue doesn't come from the wrong or right detection, the issue here is in the security check process. Whether your file is safe or not is another story.
I'm truly sorry. I meant you are from Avast team.

Hermite15

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 12:14:36 PM »
no problem ;) ... on a side note many users have been complaining recently about files detected as potentially unsafe. This will be fixed for everyone I guess. The problem probably comes from the new "file reputation" database connections introduced in Avast 7.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 12:19:25 PM »
no problem ;) ... on a side note many users have been complaining recently about files detected as potentially unsafe. This will be fixed for everyone I guess. The problem probably comes from the new "file reputation" database connections introduced in Avast 7.

Thanks God, such things can ruin small business like my .. or even bigger  >:(