Author Topic: Some files could not be scanned  (Read 1716 times)

yorkshire lass

Some files could not be scanned
« on: February 26, 2012, 01:11:10 PM »
I have just updated to version 7 and run a full system scan. No infections were found but on completion the message "Some files could not be found" the files were Archive Files password protected. I looked in the Virus vault and there is a trojan there which came from Realplayre.exe. on February 5th. Will these be the Archive files and how should I deal with the Trojan in the vault please ?. If I delete it , is it still on my hard disc or is it better to keep it in the vault? Many thanks in advance for any help.

Offline .: L' arc :.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
Re: Some files could not be scanned
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 01:48:34 PM »
The alert "Some files could not be scanned" means the password protected file cannot be scanned because, just as how it sounds, it's password protected. Files that cannot be scanned are not moved to the vault. That means, Realplayre.exe is not in the vault and the compressed archive. It's a different one--something that is detected weeks ago (February 5th to be specific).

Deleting any file in the Chest deletes the file from the harddisk as well. It's best to keep Realplayre.exe in Chest while you still cannot assure the integrity of the file.
Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium SP1
avast! 9 RC1

yorkshire lass

Re: Some files could not be scanned
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 05:17:42 PM »
Many thanks for your response, as no infections were found, I shan't worry about it. thanks again.