Author Topic: Block top level domain  (Read 1980 times)

barrypearlman

Block top level domain
« on: February 26, 2012, 03:48:05 PM »
I keep geting spam from Tokelau (.tk);  Google tells me that it is some island off the coast of New Zealand.  I am using Outlook 2010.  I have tried clicking "Block Domain" but that seems to not be doing anything.  Am I missing something?  I want to block ALL of the traffic from .tk.

Thanks,

Barry

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Block top level domain
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 05:16:33 PM »
Whilst I don't use Outlook, it might help if you show your filter details for blocking the .tk top level domain. Anyone using Outlook can check it and confirm if it is correct or if it is even possible to block a top level domain.

I would also suggest that you modify your first post (Modify button in the post) and add Outlook into the subject.

You also don't say what avast version you are using and if this is at all related to avast (e.g. where you trying to add this block) and its anti-spam module in the AIS/Pro version or is only to do with Outlook.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security