Author Topic: Avast streaming update  (Read 4438 times)

selen

Avast streaming update
« on: February 26, 2012, 01:15:32 PM »
I have noticed that on one of my computers avast says that the last streaming update was today at 12.54 AM....while on another computers there is no date for the last streaming update. Last Streamnig update: ---
Why this difference betwen my two systems? Is it normal?

selen

Re: Avast streaming update
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 01:24:19 PM »
This is a shot which shows my problem. The status of streaming update is enabled, but there is no date for the last update and says that there is no estabilished connection...where is the problem?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 01:32:05 PM by selen »

Offline giogio

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 01:49:29 PM »
Hi,
this is normal
Problem with streaming update! Connection established but never recieved streamig update!
Easy... The infraestruture is being corrected and increased.
Everyone is working on it ;)
While this, the normal updates are protecting you (as in version 6).

Ok, but how about "Connection Not Established"? Does this have to do with the infrastructure as well? Or do you have any other suggestion?
Yes, it's related.

EDIT:
This morning my connection is established but now (see images posted)
It's probably correlated with an avast server overload
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 01:54:17 PM by giogio »
Prima di scrivere sul forum per favore leggi le istruzioni qui https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=144453.0
Non inviatemi MP per supporto,grazie-No support PM please
Home: E8400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win10.0.15063x64-Avast! Free 17.3.2291-CryptoPrevent-MBAM 2.2free-Chrome 57(uBlock origin)-TB52
Work: i5-2400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win 7sp1x64-Avast!Business Security 12.3.2515,     
Cloud Console 2.18
-FF52-TB52

Offline Gercla

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 01:53:28 PM »
Hi all,
Same here,what is wrong,
Oké i post wile jou give the answere.
Sorry Greetz

Gercla
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 02:09:15 PM by Gercla »
PC: Windows 10 pro 64bit,CPU: AMD Phenom 8450 trible core 2.1 Ghz,3 GB ram,GPU;GeForce 9500.3.10250 GT Nvidia, Avast!Free 19.3.2369 ,MBAM Free …,Browser:IE 11.,Edge,Chrome,Avast SafeZone

selen

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 01:54:19 PM »
Hi,
this is normal
Problem with streaming update! Connection established but never recieved streamig update!
Easy... The infraestruture is being corrected and increased.
Everyone is working on it ;)
While this, the normal updates are protecting you (as in version 6).

Ok, but how about "Connection Not Established"? Does this have to do with the infrastructure as well? Or do you have any other suggestion?
Yes, it's related.

I understand, but actually on one computer avast is receiving streaming updates, but on another computer there are no streaming update avaliable...I can't understand the difference between them. One of them is not receivnig streaming update since yesterday, there is no date for the last update. Now the connection is estabilished, but why does not receive updates? The normal update works good on both

This is a stot that shows that the connection is estabilished but there is no update
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 02:05:15 PM by selen »

reisender67

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 02:32:09 PM »
Hi,

the connection to the cloud on my two systems is very unstable today too. In one minute it is connected at the next it is disconnected for a long period.

I think there is a server overload.

Greetings
Christian

Offline boombastik

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 02:40:55 PM »
Strange i have 2 pcs in my home. One with xp the other with windows 7.
In xp the connection for steaming updates is always on, in windows 7 on the other side for one minute is on and the other minute it is down.
Maybe differents servers for xp and windows 7? (for steaming updates)

selen

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 03:03:16 PM »
Hi,

the connection to the cloud on my two systems is very unstable today too. In one minute it is connected at the next it is disconnected for a long period.

I think there is a server overload.

Greetings
Christian

yes, it is the same for me. One computer is able to receive update and the connection is stable, the oder pc doesn't receive updates since yesterday and the connection is very unstable

JohnnyBob

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 05:18:21 PM »
What's a cloud?
What's a streaming update?
And why would anyone want them?
Sounds like pure hyperbolae to me... :o