Author Topic: Windows 7 (64-bit) with MSE Compatibility  (Read 2998 times)

flatbush71

Windows 7 (64-bit) with MSE Compatibility
« on: February 26, 2012, 06:32:55 PM »
 Initial scan during compatible install hangs, with reboot its fine. Does compatible install mean it doesn't install Mail Shield or just turns it off ? I ran 5 & 6 all this time with MSE with only rare problems.  I hope some major effort is made to make them compatible as there are many things that each won't detect, together, they are good team. I would be willing to devote a reasonable amount of time to a project of this nature. I am a alpha/beta tester for several software & gaming companies.

Buck
Electrical Engineer (retired)

P.S. If you going to use Captcha for every post, please have letters and words that are readable.

Hermite15

Re: Windows 7 (64-bit) with MSE Compatibility
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 06:40:36 PM »
compatibility install means no real time shields running ... I've never tried it but that's my understanding of it. As to running MSE side by side with Avast shields running, you won't encounter issues until the day both software detect the same piece of malware at the very same time, and each software requires exclusive access to this piece of malware, making both Avast and MSE non-operational, because blocking eachother.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 06:42:17 PM by logos »

HS2234

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 06:43:08 PM »
MSE sucks..... I mean Even Symantech endpoint detected a virus that MSE coudlnt... And that was through regular browsing..... Avast's web sheild is amazing..... prevention is better

Gargamel360

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 06:45:47 PM »
MSE sucks..... I mean Even Symantech endpoint detected a virus that MSE coudlnt...
Lets....save the rabid fanboyism.  Totally OT

flatbush71

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 06:59:02 PM »
until the day both software detect the same piece of malware at the very same time, and each software requires exclusive access to this piece of malware, making both Avast and MSE non-operational, because blocking eachother.

I've yet to have that happen. But on occasion they do knock heads in other areas. In most cases a reboot takes care off it. I'm running so many different betas right now it takes a while to sort it all out. I've put 9 hours in on this compatible install/scan issue this morning all ready. I have Outlook (2010) synced to Yahoo free mail.
the problem is in how Outlook/MSE react to to the real time shield of Avast 7. I'm sure this will be addressed in the future.

Buck

P.S. It's taken 5 tries to post this response. Captcaha, I writing a letter to the Ass. of the Blind

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 08:19:17 PM »
I've yet to have that happen. But on occasion they do knock heads in other areas. In most cases a reboot takes care off it. I'm running so many different betas right now it takes a while to sort it all out. I've put 9 hours in on this compatible install/scan issue this morning all ready. I have Outlook (2010) synced to Yahoo free mail.
the problem is in how Outlook/MSE react to to the real time shield of Avast 7. I'm sure this will be addressed in the future.

Buck

P.S. It's taken 5 tries to post this response. Captcaha, I writing a letter to the Ass. of the Blind

Attempting to test multiple beta software programs at the same time on one machine does no justice to any of them.  There is no way to get valid results.
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

flatbush71

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 08:30:16 PM »
Very true, but I do get results. It seems there is so many "new" versions and updates coming out, no one takes the time to test them or to see if they are remotely compatible. Many of the problems with v7 could have been prevented had a little more testing been done. But the almighty dollar over rules common sense every time.
A uninstaller for v6 packaged in the v7 installer would have been nice touch. This captcha thing is running me nuts, I'm out here.

Buck

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 08:51:55 PM »
I don't doubt that you get results, however invalid they may be. ::)
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner