Author Topic: Avast and dlExpert  (Read 3058 times)

marsy

Avast and dlExpert
« on: December 04, 2004, 12:50:09 AM »
Hi,

I use dlExpert to manage my downloads and prior to switching to avast 4.5 home free i was using AVG and had it set to scan each file on completion of download. How do i set this up within dlExpert to get avast to check only the downloaded file automatically.

cheers,

marsy

watchthisspace

Re:Avast and dlExpert
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2004, 12:58:51 AM »
If theres a option to scan with a anti-virus program in the options of that program, put C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashQuick.exe
that should work

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2004, 01:00:32 AM »
Or you can set the Avast  standard shield provider to scan all "created/modified files"

Read the manual on dlExpert to see how you should do it.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2004, 10:32:48 PM by Eddy »

marsy

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2004, 10:22:04 PM »
this is the screen in dlExpert as i have it set now, it still doesn't check the downloaded file on completion. Is there an argument i need to use ?

cheers,

marsy

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2004, 10:34:10 PM »
Looks to me you only have selected the scanner (ashQuick) but still haven't defined what to scan. Read dlExperts manual, it should mention waht argument to use.

conazus

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2004, 10:34:28 PM »
did you browse to ashquick.exe... so as to be sure its finding it correctly??    (instead of typing it in)

and what browser are you using ?      :)

edit:    Although Ive used 3 different download managers with Avast and have not had to use arguments Ive not used the one you are using.    Eddy is right.   You should look thru the manual or help files for the download manager and see what it suggests for arguments.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2004, 10:40:00 PM by connie »