Author Topic: Question about Safe Zone in AIS  (Read 2353 times)

Dch48

Question about Safe Zone in AIS
« on: February 26, 2012, 08:06:32 PM »
I have just upgraded to AIS from the free AV and I like it a lot. I just have this question. What is the difference between clicking the green arrow at the bottom right to leave the safe zone and clicking the avast! icon at the bottom left and choosing to turn safe zone off? They both seem to have the same end result to me.

MAG

Re: Question about Safe Zone in AIS
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 08:09:43 PM »
The green switchback should leave the safezone browser (and whatever pages you had open in  it) still open when you return to safezone from normal desktop.

MAG

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 08:18:30 PM »
By the way - I notice there seems to be a minor bug in safezone in avast 7 - when you return to it another safezone browser window opens, as well as the one you has open. Didn't used to do that with avast 6.

Dch48

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 08:30:09 PM »
By the way - I notice there seems to be a minor bug in safezone in avast 7 - when you return to it another safezone browser window opens, as well as the one you has open. Didn't used to do that with avast 6.
Yep, I was just about to post that very thing. You have to close the browser before clicking the green arrow. Then when you return, it opens just the last page you were on. If you don't close the browser before switching to normal, it opens the default page in a whole new instance of the browser as well as the last one in it's separate instance when you return to safe zone.  This has to be a bug. Am I right?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 09:07:21 PM by Dch48 »

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 08:33:58 PM »
If I open a page, then close safezone and then click "reset safezone". The last page I visited still appears. Reset safezone is supposed to reset everything back to default settings. Correct?

Dch48

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 08:39:29 PM »
If I open a page, then close safezone and then click "reset safezone". The last page I visited still appears. Reset safezone is supposed to reset everything back to default settings. Correct?
That's what it says. I haven't done that because I don't want to lose my bookmarks in the SafeZone browser. I had assumed it would reset everything. It looks like SafeZone has some bugs in v7.

MAG

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 08:47:13 PM »
I don't have that bug. Reset safezone gets rid of pen pages and all bookmarks on my machine.

I have had the problem of bookmarks not clearing on safezone reset before - see here
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=86107.msg695768#msg695768
The solution is not actually all that easy to do - I can't see \## aswSnx folder (except when running a linux livecd)
(I may be misremembering there - perhaps I could see it in safe mode)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 08:57:38 PM by mag »