Author Topic: good job avast.  (Read 9754 times)

Riv3r

good job avast.
« on: February 27, 2012, 10:36:39 AM »
not only does the product modify my OS license key and sets it at expired ( uninstalled avast, reboot ) , but i have to deal with it causing other programs to stop functioning ( uninstall, reboot again). how can people trust this broken thing, i might aswell download a virus with the same side effects. the home page claims "hassle free". cut the b.s. already, too many preventable problems in almost every release. thank you for making my decision easier. this false adversiting, take down the "hassle free" quote, are you serious?

this program should be renamed to "half-@sst". i'm sure my post will be deleted, but that's ok, keep dropping the ball.

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: good job avast.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 10:40:03 AM »
Well as you've really just said the same as what you posted in another topic it probably will be  :)

Riv3r

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 10:54:50 AM »
Well as you've really just said the same as what you posted in another topic it probably will be  :)
you have to be prepared, for scenarios like this, and they drop the ball on every release, it boggles me. whayever.

Offline BTIsaac

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 11:00:09 AM »
What do you mean it modifies the license key and sets it to expired?

I'm no expert, but I remember reading a few times that if too many programs are removed/added, at the same time, Windows needs to be reactivated. I doubt this has anything to do with Avast at all.

Riv3r

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 11:06:02 AM »

I'm no expert, but I remember reading a few times that if too many programs are removed/added, at the same time, Windows needs to be reactivated. I doubt this has anything to do with Avast at all.
nope, back then, when i installed avast 6, rebooted and had pop ups saying OS will expire in 30 days, found out i had to uninstall avast to correct the error, low and behold, it went back to normal. i agree, you really don't have a clue. :)

Hermite15

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 11:08:07 AM »

nope, back then, when i installed avast 6, rebooted and had pop ups saying OS will expire in 30 days, found out i had to uninstall avast to correct the error, low and behold, it went back to normal. i agree, you really don't have a clue. :)

;D uninstalling Avast didn't fix your issue, rebooting did.

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 11:13:22 AM »
you have to be prepared, for scenarios like this, and they drop the ball on every release, it boggles me. whayever.
Anyone and everyone should always be prepaired whenever they install any new software ( not just avast ) as there can be unforseen problems that could arise at any moment and that is simply why people should do backups preferably image backups before installing as that can save alot of time and effort.

I fail too see where the ball has been dropped on every release, this seems to be the only one that i can remember that has caused numerus problems on this scale for users but avast will be troubleshooting this no doubt and i have faith, that being said iv had no issues whatsoever on my system or the other 15 systems that iv now installed or upgraded for family and friends on XP to win7 so where or who does most of the fault lay with these problems ? i think maybe 10% avast and 90% users not having a clue with what there doing  ???

Riv3r

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 11:14:07 AM »

;D uninstalling Avast didn't fix your issue, rebooting did.
i wish it was that easy, but the problem was, after i got the error, i rebooted maybe 6 times before i gave up and uninstalled avast, rebooted and everything was back to normal.

Hermite15

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 11:16:56 AM »
okay I admit that off and on, rarely though, security software messes with Windows activation process ... so your scenario is possible.

ps: yep, I've seen it happen with Comodo in the past.

Riv3r

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 11:22:04 AM »
Anyone and everyone should always be prepaired whenever they install any new software ( not just avast ) as there can be unforseen problems that could arise at any moment and that is simply why people should do backups preferably image backups before installing as that can save alot of time and effort.

I fail too see where the ball has been dropped on every release, this seems to be the only one that i can remember that has caused numerus problems on this scale for users but avast will be troubleshooting this no doubt and i have faith, that being said iv had no issues whatsoever on my system or the other 15 systems that iv now installed or upgraded for family and friends on XP to win7 so where or who does most of the fault lay with these problems ? i think maybe 10% avast and 90% users not having a clue with what there doing  ???
it's a 50/50 responsibility and that 90% would include you.

Riv3r

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2012, 11:24:02 AM »
okay I admit that off and on, rarely though, security software messes with Windows activation process ... so your scenario is possible.

ps: yep, I've seen it happen with Comodo in the past.
yet ANOTHER program i stopped using, but it actually functions. :)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 11:30:53 AM by Riv3r »

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 11:36:32 AM »

it's a 50/50 responsibility and that 90% would include you.
[/quote]
Well all my installs worked so i dont see how your able to include me in that percentage but as your unable to correctly converse what i had tried to explain to you then more than likely alot of the fault must lay with your understanding of the subject matter, i suggest for you to ask a computer tech to help you with your install problem and may ask if he will write it down for you for future reference.

akama1

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 11:56:20 AM »
you got that problem? i had a major BSOD when having kaspersky... no troubles with avast :)

Riv3r if u dont believe.... you can take a look at every antivirus forums and in the report section... you will definitely see a lot of people complaining about crashes, BSODs all sorts of stuff... i see comodo, pcav, kaspersky, avg and norton forums having all these issues too... 

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 03:46:28 PM »
@ Riv3r
Have you come here for help in resolving your problem (doesn't seem so) or just to vent.

For those that seek help we will try to help, if you don't want help move on.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Vapor

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2012, 04:24:56 PM »
Venting its 1 thing but moving on is another. I have been user since version 4.6 and to be honest for most part it was ok until version 6 when the extras was added (sandbox, webrep, gadgets) I don’t even use it, but with custom installation you can manage what you want install and what not.
But with this version!! I have 6 PC’s and still remaining 2 avast licenses of 290 days or so, I’m done.
Yesterday I have purchased 2 new licenses of Outpost Security Suite and it works very impressive, why Outpost? Well I did my research and even at their forum seems that if they have issues, the issues are minor and Agnitum takes their time before releasing new versions, unlike others have always some problems that are leading to their PC screw-up’s.
Goodbye avast, do yourself a favor and stop adding function that are not as good as you would like to think.