Author Topic: Facebook Apps  (Read 3535 times)

Cmude

Facebook Apps
« on: August 02, 2012, 06:39:21 PM »
Hi. I'm new to this forum, so please forgive me if my answer exists somewhere already. I did try to search to find it first, but I had no luck. I have a free version of Avast on my computer, and I believe it is blocking Facebook and Words with Friends on Facebook. Sometimes I can get into Facebook on the first attempt, and other times, it seems to take multiple tries. Once I get in, I try to play Words with Friends and sometimes I have no problem at all, but most of the time, it takes forever to load or won't load. I can even be in the game and go to play my next word, and it freezes up on me. My daughter has a laptop and does not have Avast and has no issues, so I think Avast is causing my problem. Does anyone know of a 'fix' for this?

Offline !Donovan

• Web Analyst
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
    • The WAR Against Malware
Re: Facebook Apps
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 07:14:47 PM »
Hi Cmude,

If avast! is blocking, there is likely a valid reason.

Do you get an alert? If you do, please attach a screenshot of the alert.

Familiarize Yourself! | Educate Yourself! | Beautify Yourself! | Scan Yourself!
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."

Cmude

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 07:29:11 PM »
I don't get an alert. It just takes forever to load. I don't always sit and watch it, but sometimes it takes 15 minutes or more and other times, I get the error message that the page I was trying to access is not available. I can't remember the exact wording right now. I can go to my daughter's laptop and have it come right up, though, so that's what makes me think it must have something to do with Avast. I can go to other websites without issues, but Facebook gives me issues daily.

Offline !Donovan

• Web Analyst
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
    • The WAR Against Malware
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 08:05:44 PM »
And you're certain that avast! is the cause of this? Do you have valid evidence?

Familiarize Yourself! | Educate Yourself! | Beautify Yourself! | Scan Yourself!
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."

Cmude

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 11:19:50 PM »
No, I'm not certain it's caused by Avast, but just through process of elimination, I was thinking Avast was the likely culprit. I have Avast on my computer, and my daughter does not, so I was thinking just maybe it had something to do with Avast.