Author Topic: Computer does not shut down after upgrading to Avast 7  (Read 15427 times)

RBailey

Re: Computer does not shut down after upgrading to Avast 7
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2012, 06:43:22 PM »
Same issue here on many computers.  Happens often after program updates.  Computer will not logoff or shutdown.  The only way to get the computer to allow the user off is to unplug the power.  After that the computer works normally until the next program update.

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2012, 06:48:28 PM »
Same issue here on many computers.  Happens often after program updates.  Computer will not logoff or shutdown.  The only way to get the computer to allow the user off is to unplug the power.  After that the computer works normally until the next program update.
Have you tried a clean install like Tech mentioned earlyer in this thread http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=94419.msg752920#msg752920

RBailey

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 09:12:52 PM »
Yes, but each time the program updates the version it will happen again.

tyraarane

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 05:10:23 PM »
For what it's worth, I haven't had this problem--knock on wood--since I did the uninstall and clean reinstall, even after subsequent program updates.

xyzzy

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2012, 11:05:20 AM »
I've seen this problem twice since reinstall, but the second time IT WIPED MY EXTERNAL HD TO NOT-INITIALISED STATE.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2012, 02:06:33 PM »
I've seen this problem twice since reinstall, but the second time IT WIPED MY EXTERNAL HD TO NOT-INITIALISED STATE.
Who? avast? avast does not change the Windows autostart settings.
What do you mean with "not-initialized state"?
The best things in life are free.

xyzzy

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2012, 06:16:41 PM »
Who? avast? avast does not change the Windows autostart settings.
What do you mean with "not-initialized state"?

Hi

"It" - I meant the problem (which is associated with Avast here), not Avast itself.
Not-initialized in the meaning:
The Not Initialized status occurs when a disk does not contain a valid signature. After you install a new disk, Windows XP or must write a master boot record (MBR) or GUID partition table (GPT) before you can create partitions on the disk. When you first start Disk Management after installing a new disk, a wizard appears that provides a list of the new disks detected by . If you cancel the wizard before the disk signature is written, the disk status remains Not Initialized until you right-click the disk and then click Initialize Disk. The disk status briefly changes to Initializing and then Healthy status.

lowrider1

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2012, 02:52:33 AM »
Had the same problem, stayed on logging off and had to power off manually. Performed clean uninstall and upon installing, still had the same problem. I found the solution, at least for me. I use Firefox and this version does not seem compatible. Either do not allow the WebRep add on or disable: Tools>Add-ons>Extensions

avast! WebRep 7.0.1456
Web Reputation Plugin