Author Topic: when will the update servers be up and running again ?, my avast 7.0 wont ......  (Read 10555 times)

iroc9555

iroc9555,

Looks like the yellow button means it needs an attention to be checked. Mine is green.

Yes of course but there is no update to download  :o

kissbaby

This applies to this issue: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=94454.msg752250#msg752250

--------

7-27-12)

ha ha dont roll the eyes , ha ha , ok , i know i said i will wait , before i do a clean install, but i got to thinking, i might as well use the "aswClear" removal/un-install tool just so i know how to use it, and yes i fallowed the instructions and did this in safe mode and stuff.

i then after making sure all files and folders have been found and deleted like it sugested after removal , i also used Ccleaner and i also went into the windows registry (yes i know to be careful) .

after i did all that , i did the clean install.

but smart little me did not try to use the manual update yet, i'm just leaving it alone for now.

so another stupid question from me too you "VLK" , is it now safe for me to try the manual updates , or just dont touch it ?.

everything seems fine for now, 

i really want to thank you and every one else for the help, i bet your pulling your hair out right now, hugs

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
This applies to this issue: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=94454.msg752250#msg752250

--------

7-27-12)

ha ha dont roll the eyes , ha ha , ok , i know i said i will wait , before i do a clean install, but i got to thinking, i might as well use the "aswClear" removal/un-install tool just so i know how to use it, and yes i fallowed the instructions and did this in safe mode and stuff.

i then after making sure all files and folders have been found and deleted like it sugested after removal , i also used Ccleaner and i also went into the windows registry (yes i know to be careful) .

but smart little me did not try to use the manual update yet, i'm just leaving it alone for now.

so another stupid question from me too you "VLK" , is it now safe for me to try the manual updates , or just dont touch it ?.

i really want to thank you and every one else for the help, i bet your pulling your hair out right now, hugs

So, do you have version 6 or 7 now?
If you're on v7, you can "try" a manual update but it won't really do anything (since you already have v7).

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

kissbaby

--------

7-27-12)

So, do you have version 6 or 7 now?
If you're on v7, you can "try" a manual update but it won't really do anything (since you already have v7).

Thanks
Vlk

-------
2-27-12) 10:57am

no, after i did all the things i did, use the "aswClear" tool and everything else i said i did, i then did a fresh install of Avast 7.0.1407

thats why i ask if its safe to try the manual updates thing , i still have not tried the manual updates on either the manual program update or the definitions update thing, ha ha .

i just like to try those things out is all .

so is it safe yet to try that ?, cuz i'm not touching it, not right now,  ;D

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Yes, it's safe -- but it won't really do much anyway (just tell you that you're up to date).

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

kissbaby

Yes, it's safe -- but it won't really do much anyway (just tell you that you're up to date).

Thanks
Vlk

well i shut down my pc for a bit, then  restarted pc, and all still seems good,  so i say that this post here is resolved,

the clean install of avast 7 seems fine.  ,  and like you said , the manual updates said already up to date .

thanks for everything, hugs.

kissbaby

Thanks
Vlk

well i shut down my pc for a bit, then  restarted pc, and all still seems good,  so i say that this post here is resolved,

the clean install of avast 7 seems fine.  ,  and like you said , the manual updates said already up to date .

thanks for everything, hugs.

------
i dont know how to mark this as resolved, can some one do that for me, lol.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
In your first post of the topic, you can click the Modify button and add [Resolved] to the start of the topic title. Though it might be best to wait a little before doing that.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
kissbaby, the problem were on the virus definitions and the new program install will have this corrected (if you uninstall, install again like Vlk said).
Or, if you wait for the program upgrade.
The best things in life are free.

kissbaby

kissbaby, the problem were on the virus definitions and the new program install will have this corrected (if you uninstall, install again like Vlk said).
Or, if you wait for the program upgrade.
-------

2-27-12) 12:16pm)
ummmmm everything is fine now

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
2-27-12) 12:16pm)
ummmmm everything is fine now
Well... then it could be on avast servers side... as seems you've done/changed nothing...

psikofunkster

With all due respect, you avast guys are great most of the time but when you mess up you REALLY mess up (and this is not the first time).

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
But when you mess up you REALLY mess up (and this is not the first time).
Well... I'm quite confident that this was not as big as you're trying to picture it :)
Sorry for the inconveniences but, really, my computer suffer nothing with this update/upgrade issues. Maybe I'm lucky :)

chimp78

kissbaby, what is the recent engine and virus definitions is in yours right now? 120227-1 is the recent one.

koam

I'm running v6, with viurs defs 120226-4