Author Topic: when will the update servers be up and running again ?, my avast 7.0 wont ......  (Read 10633 times)

kissbaby

2-27-12) 8:24am)

when will the update servers be up and running again ?,

my avast 7.0 wont manual update for me , the manual update just hangs for a long time , also it makes it hard for me to finds solutions to my problems with this final version  7.0.1407   .

why , cuz every one is just complaining , but i did , download the un-install utility , just in case, i have not used it yet.

i fixed the nag screen yesterday , from that link that nice person gave on how to fix it , once i saw what the instructions was talking about, wink.

so  far my only problem i noticed is the manual update thing is not working, even yesterday , cant manual update today either .

kissbaby

well ?.

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
All Avast! 7 users currently having problem. Try to wait one more day and then uninstall avast! 7 and install avast! 6
Real-time protection and Firewall: COMODO Internet Security 12.0.0.6810 -- Additional Protection: Web Of Trust, Ublock, NoScript, Malwarebytes Premium, Avast! Online Security, Hitman Pro -- OS: Windows 10

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
I believe they are reloading the update servers, so whilst that is in progress they will be unavailable.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline AntiVirusASeT

• Poster
Quote from lukas.hasik:
'we are working on the fix. All the updates were broken due to broken vpx package uploaded to the servers. It has nothing to do with the version 7.

Sorry about that
Lukas.'

kissbaby

Quote from lukas.hasik:
'we are working on the fix. All the updates were broken due to broken vpx package uploaded to the servers. It has nothing to do with the version 7.

Sorry about that
Lukas.'

ok thanks for the reply, i will wait a few days and see what happens, no need to go back to 6.0 yet , if its just a update and server issue at this time.

please let us know that the broken servers are up and running again, thanks .

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

kissbaby

This applies to this issue: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=94454.msg752250#msg752250

are you saying dont wait ?. just use the program now ?. why do this now ?, when the servers are down , are they fixed now, cuz if they are fixed now then i will un-install using the removal tool, but if the servers are still down, they why bother with a clean install when i will end up with broken packages installed again.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
The servers are OK.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
The servers are OK.

So, is this a GO..??
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
A go for what? Either your avast updates work OK, and you don't need to anything, or they don't, and in this case you will have to either reinstall or wait for the aforementioned tool.

Thanks
Vlk

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
1. A go for what?
2. Either your avast updates work OK, and you don't need to anything, or they don't, and in this case you will have to either reinstall or wait for the aforementioned tool.

1. A go to push the update button again.
2. Thanks for the info.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

iroc9555

What about the new version I have annouce in Avast!UI 7.0.1409.

Evolution

I appreciate that Avast 7 is pretty new - anyway I have the issue described here, so thought maybe I could do an offline update.  I checked out here :

http://www.avast.com/download-update

but it appears that offline update are only available up to V6.

Also, if the update package is broken, an offline update might have the same problem too.

Just wondering if, this issue goes on, maybe Avast could release an offline update that could be downloaded to keep us going in the mean time.  I realise that these are 30MB plus files so would involve a lot of bandwidth, but it may keep people going with V7 and not jump back to V6.  Personally I'd rather not do this as it would likely create more problems than it solves, plus I would want to be back on V7, when the update issues are resolved.

Also, just wondering if the streaming updates are keeping us up-to-date ?  Haven't figured out how this works yet...

Thanks in advance.

E

chimp78

iroc9555,

Looks like the yellow button means it needs an attention to be checked. Mine is green.