Author Topic: Installed avast mobile security. Icon unchanged, custom app icon not found  (Read 4508 times)

chimayniac

I installed the package, after a lot of hassle setting and activating the administrator.  Q: Which one or more apps s/b activated.

I created a custom app name, and it does appear as an administrator option.  However, the avast! mobile security icon is unchanged and there is no icon for my custom app.  I suspect am not finished the setup, or I have made an error in the setup.  Thanks for any help.

Offline tcntad

• Avast Überevangelist
Re: Installed avast mobile security. Icon unchanged, custom app icon not found
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 06:59:11 PM »
If you specified a username, password, and phonenumbers of two "friends" phones and activated (which it seems, you cant activate without doing the first I mentioned) then you are good to go.

Just call your password and AT will open.

julesg

I have the same problem.  Antitheft is activated, password, name, 2 friends are all set.  I can open Avast by phoning my password but I still get the Avast icon in the apps page.  How can I hide the icon to in order to be in stealth mode ?

Great app but I would really like the stealth function to work.

Thanks

reinhardholzner

hi the avast icon is coming from Mobile Security, not Anti-Theft. If you want 100% stealth you can uninstall Mobile Security, Anti-Theft will continue to work.

About the reasoning: Mobile Security is a tool that should alert you of any issues. Anti-Theft is the opposite. Both worlds can not be combined within one app. So you have to option with our app (worldwide unique) to just use the Anti-Theft part. If you use both tools you are then of course losing a bit of stealth. However, there is also a positive side to it. If a thief sees avast! he will uninstall it (Avast Mobile Security) and feel safe - BUT Anti-Theft is still there. Could be a nice trap.