Author Topic: avast! 7 Outlook addin marking every email as spam.  (Read 16777 times)

kingracefan

avast! 7 Outlook addin marking every email as spam.
« on: February 27, 2012, 11:15:27 PM »
The avast! addin for Outlook 2010 marks every email as spam.  My host is AOL.  This just started a few days ago.  How can I correct.

Rhoody

Re: avast! 7 Outlook addin marking every email as spam.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 01:26:08 AM »
same here.

even I click whitelist or no spam, each mail gets marked with spam.

I also whitelisted some domains in the avast cpanel, still all get marked as spam and end in the junk-folder, all marked as spam

Offline Reggie36

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 01:58:45 AM »
Same thing happening here, hope they fix it pretty soon.

houmart

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 06:54:28 AM »
I too have this issue and Avast is definitely the problem which came with Version 7. I have a spam filter at ISP level so don't need the Avast filter. Until Avast fixes things you an solve by turning off the Avast antispam filter as follows-

1) Open the Avast control panel by clicking on the Avast icon in the task bar (bottom right of the desktop)
2) On the left of the control panel select ADDITIONAL PROTECTION then 'Antispam'
3) The next window will show at the top PROTECTION STATUS: RUNNING (in green). To the right of that is a 'Stop' button. Click on the 'Stop' button and it will then ask you if you want to stop for 10 mins, 1 hr, until restart of computer or permanently. Choose the option, confirm and that's it.

I don't mind having a second level of spam filtering, but Avast should fix the problem asap. Until then it will be 'off' on my computer.

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 06:57:12 AM by houmart »

nsmith

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 03:17:37 PM »
I too noticed that ALL email has been marked as **SPAM** and sent to the junk folder since the last program update (Avast Internet security 7.0) about 2 days ago. I tried using the Outlook Add-in to mark as not spam. This removed the **SPAM** marking and moved it into the Inbox but the very next email from the same sender, even my own email, was again marked as **SPAM** and in the junk folder.
I even tried lowering the sensitivity, everything suggested by the help files. Nothing fixes this issue except to “STOP” the antispam service. It is a pain to keep going to the junk folder and using the add-in to unmark it and move it to the inbox for every single non-spam email and then repeat. Something wrong happened at the last program update from a couple days ago.

Rhoody

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 11:15:57 AM »
I also opened a ticket and up to now now reaction :'(

I don't expect that they pull a solution out, over night, but at least any kind of reaction to paying customer should be possible 
good customer service looks a bit different

Offline petr_matrix

• Avast team
  • avast! programmer
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 06:36:14 PM »
This issue should be fixed in first program update.
If you don't want to wait, you can reinstall avast! internet security (but you must download internet security install files, not upgrade from free or pro edition).

kingracefan

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 01:11:36 AM »
 :-[  Is there an expected timeline for next program update?

Taker

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 07:38:09 AM »
same thing happens to me every message gets marked as spam and the one's that dont wind up as ?'s marks .

i really hope that they fix this very soon cause it's messing up all my email.

avast is really messed up, i'd hate to say this but avast 7 is getting to be like windows me and vista.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 07:41:15 AM by Taker »

doubledoom

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 06:55:57 PM »
Not one for being AOL but <me too>

It seems to ignore whitelist with some emails.  I am downloading internet security and will try again. 

Rene Hug

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 09:43:11 PM »
Hello everybody!
Having the same issue! All emails end up in the junk folder. Whitelist contains the right addresses but gets completely ignored.
My configuration: Windows 7 Ultimate N, 64 bit, Outlook 2010. avast!Internet Security Version 7.0.1407
Apparently there is a solution but I don't want to re-install everything.
Cheers Archi

PS: Love avast! :)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2016, 08:24:27 PM »
The way I got rid of the ***SPAM*** in my subject line with Outlook was to open your outlook email on your desktop.  Then above left click File.  Go to Options, then look down to the bottom of the list and you’ll see Add-ins.  Click on Add-ins. Then go to the bottom of the page.  You will see Manage:  Click on Go, Then, UNCHECK Avast Add-in.   I sent myself 2 emails from outlook and one from my Yahoo Mail and once I clicked the email neither had SPAM in the subject line. Hope this helps everyone.  ;D

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2016, 08:41:04 PM »
1] This thread has been dead for over 4.5 years

2] What you say has nothing to do with the OP's post.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2016, 08:48:56 PM »
1] This thread has been dead for over 4.5 years
The last time he posted was also over 4.5 year ago ... maybe he has been hibernating and just wake up   ;D

« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 08:50:31 PM by Pondus »