Author Topic: Desired e-mail wrongly flagged as SPAM- How to stop  (Read 2772 times)

Dutch22

Desired e-mail wrongly flagged as SPAM- How to stop
« on: February 17, 2012, 07:28:11 PM »
I want messages from certain senders that are always marked as SPAM. How do I keep that from happening? Identifying them as "Safe Senders" in Outlook doesn't help.

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
Re: Desired e-mail wrongly flagged as SPAM- How to stop
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 09:24:23 AM »
Could try to put them on the whitelist? 
Dont you have a sample of such email? You can send it to me as PM.
thank you
Lukas.
Quality is also a feature.

Offline IvanM

• Avast team
  • Senior Project Manager
    • Avast Software a.s.
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 12:16:45 PM »
I want messages from certain senders that are always marked as SPAM. How do I keep that from happening? Identifying them as "Safe Senders" in Outlook doesn't help.

Hi,
can you please forward these mails to  false-spam@avast.com ?
We need to collect some examples to analyze this issue.

Thanks,
Ivan.

aspirin

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 10:33:08 AM »
When is this problem likely to be fixed - ALL of my emails are dumped in the Junk file even though I've reduced the sensitivity to 'off''?

nsmith

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 03:15:17 PM »
I too noticed that ALL email has been marked as **SPAM** and sent to the junk folder since the last program update (Avast Internet security 7.0) about 2 days ago. I tried using the Outlook Add-in to mark as not spam. This removed the **SPAM** marking and moved it into the Inbox but the very next email from the same sender, even my own email, was again marked as **SPAM** and in the junk folder.
I even tried lowering the sensitivity, everything suggested by the help files. Nothing fixes this issue except to “STOP” the antispam service. It is a pain to keep going to the junk folder and using the add-in to unmark it and move it to the inbox for every single non-spam email and then repeat. Something wrong happened at the last program update from a couple days ago.