Author Topic: IMPORTANT! Fix utility for corrupted avast! v6/v7 installations  (Read 160274 times)

dex650

Re: IMPORTANT! Fix utility for corrupted avast! v6/v7 installations
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2012, 02:05:09 PM »
A few days ago I updated to Avast 7 but had too many problems with it so yesterday went back to Avast 6.
I just ran Fixupdate and it said it didn't need to run (code2).
Can I now just update to Avast 7 from within Avast 6, or would I be better uninstalling 6 and doing a clean install of version 7?
Thanks in advance.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2012, 02:08:50 PM »

This fix has absolutely nothing to do with updating v6 to v7, but with a problem with the VPS updates. ;)
Please reread the thread.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

ady4um

« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2012, 02:13:24 PM »
Please locate the file C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\Setup\part-setup_ais-57f.vpx and upload it to ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming
(You can just open the mentioned FTP url in Windows Explorer and drag&drop the mentioned file there.)
Thanks.

May I suggest a little improvement there:

Please locate the file
Code: [Select]
C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\Setup\part-setup_ais-57f.vpx and upload it to ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming

First copy the file to some temporal folder (desktop if you want). Change the name of the file to something unique, as "<username>_part-setup_ais-57f.vpx" for example. Then you can just open the mentioned FTP url in Windows Explorer and drag&drop the unique file there.
Thanks.

Offline div_dib

« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2012, 02:15:57 PM »
Please locate the file C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\Setup\part-setup_ais-57f.vpx and upload it to ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming
(You can just open the mentioned FTP url in Windows Explorer and drag&drop the mentioned file there.)
Thanks.

Please locate the file
C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\Setup\part-setup_ais-57f.vpx and upload it to ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming

First copy the file to some temporal folder (desktop if you want). Change the name of the file to something unique, as "<username>_part-setup_ais-57f.vpx" for example. Then you can just open the mentioned FTP url in Windows Explorer and drag&drop the unique file there.
Thanks.

File uploaded as div_dib_20120228_1226.zip Please check it!!!

Offline div_dib

« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2012, 02:20:19 PM »
Thanks.

Please locate the file

Thanks.

Recently I uploaded Generated Support file.

Please also check div_dib_part-setup_ais-57f.vpx file.

dex650

« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2012, 02:23:40 PM »

This fix has absolutely nothing to do with updating v6 to v7, but with a problem with the VPS updates. ;)
Please reread the thread.
Maybe you should reread the OP by pavels. He mentions about upgrading from 6->7 after applying the fix.
A lot of people were saying that it's better to clean install on going from 6->7 to prevent all the problems reported in the last few days. Is this still the case?
Certainly Avast 7 made my Win XP unusable after updating from within Avast 6 rather than uninstalling 6 and clean installing 7.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2012, 02:25:33 PM »
A lot of people were saying that it's better to clean install on going from 6->7 to prevent all the problems reported in the last few days. Is this still the case?
Certainly an installation from scratch won't hurt, on contrary.
But, also the upgrading from 6 to 7 is working now.
The best things in life are free.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2012, 02:26:57 PM »
1. Maybe you should reread the OP by pavels.
2. He mentions about upgrading from 6->7 after applying the fix.

1. Ok, I did.
2. That's only optional. ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

ady4um

« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2012, 02:28:45 PM »
@dex650,

I think you are misinterpreting the OP from Pavel.

dex650

« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2012, 02:30:49 PM »
Certainly an installation from scratch won't hurt, on contrary.
But, also the upgrading from 6 to 7 is working now.
Thanks!

dex650

« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2012, 02:34:19 PM »
1. Maybe you should reread the OP by pavels.
2. He mentions about upgrading from 6->7 after applying the fix.

1. Ok, I did.
2. That's only optional. ;)
Yes, I know it's only optional, but if I take that option, it would be nice to know the correct way to carry out that option  :D
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 02:40:15 PM by dex650 »

dex650

« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2012, 02:36:01 PM »
@dex650,

I think you are misinterpreting the OP from Pavel.
Possibly, but Tech did give me my answer in the previous post.  :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2012, 02:37:33 PM »
Possibly, but Tech did give me my answer in the previous post.  :)
Glad I've helped in someway :)
The best things in life are free.

Offline hectic-mmv

« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2012, 02:52:57 PM »
Please do something about this error message. it's more important than not being able to update because we cant even operate avast 7 right now!
Attachment shows everything

This is already fixed in our internal release, will be out soon.

Tobias4051

« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2012, 02:55:40 PM »
I just downloaded the fix, the second computer I clicked to run the fix on, gave a message to say that the problem has now been fixed, and did I still want to run the fix. I clicked no.

I guess avast has fixed the issue without having to download the fix???

The tool is the fix, there's no additional download (unless you're on version 6 and choose to update to version 7).

Sorry I'm not being very clear explaining what I meant.

From the first post of this thread:
Hi all,
if you have problems with "hung" updates in your avast! installations, please use this tool:
http://public.avast.com/supp/FixUpdate.exe

I had a problem where updates "hung" when clicking for updates in the avast program. On two computers.

I downloaded and ran this fix on one of them. It solved the problem.

I downloaded the fix on the other computer.
I double clicked the icon where it had saved to run it.
A box appeared which says "do you want to run this file?" I clicked run.
A very small gray box appeared that said the problem has now been fixed and did I still want to run the fix?
I clicked No.
I opened the avast program screen and clicked to update the program and definintions.
Avast updated as normal.

The first three steps were as normal, (same on both computers) the small gray box, saying that the problem has been fixed and asking if I still wanted to run the update, was only seen on the second computer.

My question is, has avast fixed this issue even for those who have not yet manually ran the fix?
Why did I get a box saying that the issue had been fixed already on the second computer, and not the first computer a few minutes earlier?

This is NOT the box that says about not having error 11.

Both machines were already on Avast 7. This is only about the definition updates that were not working.