Author Topic: IMPORTANT! Fix utility for corrupted avast! v6/v7 installations  (Read 160387 times)

ady4um

Re: IMPORTANT! Fix utility for corrupted avast! v6/v7 installations
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2012, 02:58:22 PM »
This is already fixed in our internal release, will be out soon.

So for those asking and still using avast 6, just wait a little longer to update directly to the new program version (that is, once the definitions update problem is corrected in your systems with the use of the special fix tool).

Tobias4051

« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2012, 03:15:18 PM »
This is already fixed in our internal release, will be out soon.

So for those asking and still using avast 6, just wait a little longer to update directly to the new program version (that is, once the definitions update problem is corrected in your systems with the use of the special fix tool).

Is the internal release the reason why I saw a very small gray box appear, that said the problem has now been fixed, and did I still want to run the fix?
This small box came up straight after I clicked 'Run' on the box that appears when you double click on the downloaded fix.

(I was already on avast 7, and trying to get updates to work. The updating now works, but I clicked "no" to not run the fix.)

« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 03:20:25 PM by Tobias4051 »

Matteo

« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2012, 03:58:10 PM »
Thanks to de Avast Team... it's ok now...  ;D

bestmen

« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2012, 04:09:28 PM »

Just an addendum because at least to me it was not entirely clear: once you run the Utility there comes up the dialogue with the options yes and no. This is the question for the PROGRAM update. Dont mistake it for immediate update of virusdatabase definitions.

In short: if you want to continue to use version 6 and not update to version 7, click NO in the dialogue. And THEN do a definition update manually.

Tobias4051

« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2012, 04:22:58 PM »

Just an addendum because at least to me it was not entirely clear: once you run the Utility there comes up the dialogue with the options yes and no. This is the question for the PROGRAM update. Dont mistake it for immediate update of virusdatabase definitions.

In short: if you want to continue to use version 6 and not update to version 7, click NO in the dialogue. And THEN do a definition update manually.

I think the box I saw was different to this, as when I ran the updatefix I was already using Avast 7, just couldn't get new updates for it.
And the box said something about the problem having been fixed, and did I want to run the fix anyway.

Could it had something to do with it, that I clicked to update Avast in the Avast UI screen, it was stuck at the initializing... point, I closed the UI, then clicked to run the updatefix without cancelling the update attempt before closing the UI?

Has anyone else seen the small dialogue box saying that the issue has been solved already?
(Not the one that says you don't have error 11, the one I saw was different)

chimp78

« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2012, 04:41:30 PM »
It seems and looks like Avast is no longer on the computer as I uninstalled it with aswclear and other things. I would like to know if version 7 is good to use for now? Or should I use Version 6 for now until later to use Version 7? Thanks.

koam

« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2012, 05:35:25 PM »
The 1st FixUpdate gave me error 11
The 2nd FixUpdate worked for me.
I clicked "NO" in the dialog box that asked if I wanted to proceed with the program update because I don't want v7 until they iron out the problems.

I'm glad I waited for FixUpdate to be updated. 

Gosh this was confusing.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 05:38:57 PM by koam »

koam

« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2012, 05:36:58 PM »

That's correct.

chimp78

« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2012, 05:48:42 PM »
I have decided to install Version 7 and now both updates for engine/virus definitions are updated with a latest of 120228-1.

Here's the link to check what is the latest updates for those.

http://www.avast.com/en-us/virus-update-history (Thanks to the person who posted this yesterday)

Other than that, I am happy that it is solved. I have been a customer of free Avast for 2 or 3 years now and really am satisfied with it. I am planning to upgrade it anytime. I know something has happened to it since two days ago, but am glad that everything is alright. Thank you for the aswclear (this is to be saved to use, in case) and to those people who helped out with us on how to fix the issues, etc and also to those people who created/worked on this good and excellent software.

Mr.Agent

« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2012, 08:07:15 PM »
Thank pavels i had problem on a computer that couldnt update too but its not that tool i used i just did upgrade manually and all are fine for me so i guess im ok.

Good job again.

Mr.Agent

OisteinR

« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2012, 08:12:06 PM »
It seems and looks like Avast is no longer on the computer as I uninstalled it with aswclear and other things. I would like to know if version 7 is good to use for now? Or should I use Version 6 for now until later to use Version 7? Thanks.
My 5 computers are running Ver 7 as they should - now. :)
Avast7 looks great, except the auto sandbox. That should not be selected by default.

MeckervomNeckar

« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2012, 08:22:43 PM »
I will try to fix broken code with 11 update still does not work I still version of 26/02/2012 22:47:18 120226-4.

Now what?
Original in German
Ich habe den Fix Versucht wird mit Code 11 abgebrochen, Updaten geht immer noch nicht habe noch Version 120226-4 von 26.02.2012 22:47:18.

Was nun ???
********** :'(

Hermite15

« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2012, 09:22:26 PM »
I will try to fix broken code with 11 update still does not work I still version of 26/02/2012 22:47:18 120226-4.

Now what?
Original in German
Ich habe den Fix Versucht wird mit Code 11 abgebrochen, Updaten geht immer noch nicht habe noch Version 120226-4 von 26.02.2012 22:47:18.

Was nun ???
********** :'(

nun? >>> http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=24.0 ;)

MeckervomNeckar

« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2012, 09:30:05 PM »
Thank you logos

Hermite15