Author Topic: Menubar Icon  (Read 3945 times)

pucicu

Menubar Icon
« on: February 25, 2012, 10:06:51 PM »
Hello,

I have OS X Lion with a black menubar. Therefore, the black avast!-icon is invisible. Where can I find the avast! icon? I could change it manually to inverse colours. Better would be, of course, avast! would provide a white menubar icon which could be chosen in the preferences.

Best
Pucicu

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re: Menubar Icon
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 09:05:05 AM »
In Lion, The menubar elements are black by default. I would assume this can be changed by replacing the icon image file as you said.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

pucicu

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 10:32:11 AM »
Yes, but WHERE is the menubar icon? I was looking for it without success. Usually it is in the applications folder in the resources. But not for avast.

Offline tumic

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 12:57:35 PM »
Yes, but WHERE is the menubar icon? I was looking for it without success. Usually it is in the applications folder in the resources. But not for avast.

The menubar icon (and the popups) is handled by a separate application located in /Library/Application Support/Avast/MacAvastHelper.app

pucicu

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 03:03:31 PM »
Great! Now I can use the status_icon_da.png file as the menubar icon. It's working well.