Author Topic: [SOLVED] Internet Speed Degradation with avast 7  (Read 19266 times)

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: [SOLVED] Internet Speed Degradation with avast 7
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2012, 07:54:31 PM »
With webshield:

Without webshield:

I would kill to get those speeds ;D unfortunately not possible here, im lucky to get 10 - 15mb DL on a good day  ( Telstra sux )
I am having difficulties locating the article, but any area can get fiber... thats real internet that is at the low end of its possible speeds.  The trick, as in my state (may vary in other countries), is to from a co-op innatative.  Get your neighborhood involved as well as participating in any township meeting concering this.  This is the age of the people and the internet is REALLY playing a key role in that.  If I can find the link to the article on forming a co-op to increase fiber/bandwitdh.  Ill Pm ya.  Its great knowledge... and knowledge is REAL power!
Telstra owns all the underground telephone and internet lines here in australia, other companys such as Optus, Virgin, Vodafone pay to rent Telstras lines and being that Telstra has no lines in this area and there probably not going to do it either as there pushing for everyone who lives in these new areas to go wireless broadband so unless i can come up with millions of dollars then i dont think im getting a fixed line connection ;)