Author Topic: Upgrading to Avast 7x results in losing control of files/folders (Access Denied)  (Read 41856 times)

rjpjrblue

Sorry, the sandbox features (including autosandbox) are not supported on XP x64.
well that solves that issue but I still don't know why avast blocks read/write features to and from my pen drives i guess till the bugs are gone i'll just have to stop the file system shield when i want to edit my files otherwise they will be deleted thanks for everyone's help with this issue sincerely rjpjrblue

ALUSER

I installed Avast 7.0.x 2 days ago and soon after noticed I could not rename any folders. Further, I could create new application files but could everytime I tried to save an update to a file, I was told the file was "read only" and I had to save the update as a new file.

After trying for the past 2 days to figure out what caused my file/folder problem I stumbled on this forum and decided to uninstall Avast. My system now works perfectly again.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
I installed Avast 7.0.x 2 days ago and soon after noticed I could not rename any folders. Further, I could create new application files but could everytime I tried to save an update to a file, I was told the file was "read only" and I had to save the update as a new file.

After trying for the past 2 days to figure out what caused my file/folder problem I stumbled on this forum and decided to uninstall Avast. My system now works perfectly again.

Reply #48 would have helped as well. ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0