Author Topic: Issue with being able to type in fields on helpee system using remote assistance  (Read 5592 times)

Tgell

Can you get it to work if you use the on-screen keyboard (Edit: of the helpee's computer?)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 08:19:09 PM by Tgell »

gillest

Sorry, do not understand what you mean by the "on screen keyboard"??

gillest

since I am remote I cannot use the helpee`s keyboard remotely but if someone at the remote location sitting at the heppee`s station types in these fields using the helpee keyboard then it works. That is how I have managed to help the remote folks by having them type into these fields.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 08:24:08 PM by gillest »

Tgell

When you have access to the helpee's computer go to control panel>Ease of access center of the helpee's computer. Then click on start On-screen keyboard. Then try typing using the on-screen keyboard to enter a password in a field. Does that work?

http://www.microsoft.com/enable/products/windows7/
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 08:25:25 PM by Tgell »

gillest

neat trick! I will try it and report

Thanks,

gillest

Tried using virtual keyboard on helpee but having issues typing with virtual keyboard on win 7 helpee. Characters like the @ sign do not work. Also this is not an option for supporting XP helpee. Seems remote assistance is also very unstable as hit hung and stopped working a couple times using 2 x Win7 x 64 systems (helpee and helper) and high speed internet.

At this point will have to look for a separate solution for remote assistance of my remote Win7 and XP systems as Avast remote assistance not quite ready for prime time. Was hoping to do it all with Avast but not for now!

Thanks,