Author Topic: (Solved)Significant Delay in Launching Apps with Avast 7  (Read 4310 times)

tkin

(Solved)Significant Delay in Launching Apps with Avast 7
« on: March 01, 2012, 05:47:56 PM »
Issue solved with Beta 7.0.1412

Hi guys, let me say, I had been using avast for a long time now and like it a lot, now with V7 I am facing a problem  :'(

I am connected to net via a Modem, but I need to establish a connection by using windows inbuilt PPPOE dialer(broadband). Now when the LAN is connected but no connection has been established there is a huge delay in launching apps, any apps from anywhere, once launched, it runs fine.

The delay is sort of universal, same 5/6 secs delay with all apps, now I also have Comodo Firewall, I am aware of the issue between avast web shield and comodo, so I have set avast web shield to scan only browser traffic, but this has not fixed it.

When I disable all avast shields the problem disappears, so this has let me to pinpoint the problem to avast  ???

Problem also disappears if I disconnect the LAN cable as there is no connection and avast(I presume) does not try to query anything(whatever it is trying to query)  ::)

If the net is connected there is also a delay, slight delay but nevertheless noticeable, the fastest with LAN cable disconnected, or with avast shields disabled.

I have disabled avast web rep service and auto sandbox.

Help me fix this, the problem is with avast, this much I am sure, is this a known bug or something?

Win 7 x64, Sp1(updated)
Comodo firewall
Avast 7

Also I have a fast machine, so performance is not an issue, so don't blame this on hardware. My net connection is around 1Mbps, but I have significant delay to foreign countries(400 ms+).

« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 10:46:50 AM by tkin »

tkin

Re: Significant Delay in Launching Apps with Avast 7
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 08:36:05 AM »
Hello, anyone home??

Does avast 7 cause delay to program launch or not???

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 08:46:22 AM »
Hello, anyone home??

Does avast 7 cause delay to program launch or not???
I did find delay's in a few programs namley CCleaner was launching very slow but have not noticed it with the new beta R2 7.0.1422.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 08:56:49 AM by craigb »

tkin

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 08:57:10 AM »
From where do I update to the beta RC?

I think the issue is being caused by online file reputation service, although I had turned it off, its still querying something.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 09:00:43 AM »
R2 is here http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=94790.0 best to leave everything in defaut settings as this is a good balance between speed and performance.

The only thing you might have to do with the R2 is re insert your license, other than that it's all good  :)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 09:02:23 AM by craigb »

tkin

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 10:30:35 AM »
Ok, issue had been solved with latest RC, had to re register though, you can now mark this as solved.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 10:40:36 AM »
Ok, issue had been solved with latest RC, had to re register though, you can now mark this as solved.
Glad it's fixed for you, you need to add solved to the title of your thread by clicking on modify on your first.

tkin

Re: (Solved)Significant Delay in Launching Apps with Avast 7
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 10:47:14 AM »
Done, and thanks again for the help.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: (Solved)Significant Delay in Launching Apps with Avast 7
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 10:48:45 AM »
Done, and thanks again for the help.
Your welcome  :)